Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there such thing as a perfect friend?
is there such thing as a perfect friend?
seems like with all my friends offline - every single person has something that i hate so much it drives me crazy

ie: my car friend he's okay but i hate how he is always bragging about stuff

and my closest friend now is pretty supportive but he always has this 'holy' attitude (he's a theist) and it just makes me want to smack him....ie: the other day we were walking and I saw a riced out cavalier and I just casually said, "those rims look ridiculous" and he was all like "well I don't know because I don't judge people" - I'm a big supporter of being nonjudgmental, but seems like these days you can't even tell your friend what you think of a car that's driving by :/

btw those kind of christians piss me off the most, the ones that believe they are hand chosen by god to come to this world and spread their bullshit. I see them on christian forums with sigs that say stuff like "Soldier of heaven deployed to Earth" and the ones with the armored knights with a cross as if they are God's personal knights or something.

The older I get the more I'm starting to hate people in general (southpark called it cynicism or ass burgers :/) Dogs are the best tbh. (Golden Retrievers)
RE: is there such thing as a perfect friend?
You always make such terrible posts....
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Sounds like you need some new friends. With the over population problem going on you have many to choose from.
Man, you're in an existential crisis, eh? Your posts all strongly remind me of the 17-19yo me Smile

I'd start by relaxing a bit and just taking the annoying habits of your friends with a dose of humor.
I'd like to echo Alex's sentiment, not taking everything so seriously might help. (And as an introvert I say fuck people, I have all the company I need in my own head.)

But to answer the question in the heading, no, there is no such thing. Friendship is like any other relationship, you have to take the whole package, but only you can decide what you will put up with from your friends. Take mine for instance. One is quite egocentric and can be callous at times, another talks too much and doesn't know when to leave when visiting and a third is boisterous and somewhat obnoxious. But they are mine friends and I love them dearly, their faults are nothing compared to the good they offer.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

There is no such thing as a perfect person therefore there is no such thing as a perfect friend.
My girlfriend is my best friend, she's cool, a bad ass mofo, and gives me sex.

Other than that I enjoy people, most are interesting, none are perfect.
(February 24, 2014 at 10:28 am)Asimm Wrote: My girlfriend is my best friend, she's cool, a bad ass mofo, and gives me sex.

Way to make the OP feel better ROFLOL
Good for you though
Not yet, but Google is working on it.
(February 24, 2014 at 10:32 am)Alex K Wrote:
(February 24, 2014 at 10:28 am)Asimm Wrote: My girlfriend is my best friend, she's cool, a bad ass mofo, and gives me sex.

Way to make the OP feel better ROFLOL
Good for you though
[Image: v7c1kEZ.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing I saw on a site that I want to comment on ShinyCrystals 5 347 March 21, 2024 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Why did God get such a makeover in the New Testament? Hi600 10 1538 April 1, 2023 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Goosebump
Information The worst thing according to Iranians Eclectic 2 844 September 19, 2022 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  Statistics, the perfect weapon to justify hate? Ferrocyanide 12 1539 December 21, 2020 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3007 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A possibly new perspective on this thing that we know as God. unityconversation 157 14234 March 18, 2020 at 1:08 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum.... jessieban 39 3707 June 21, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  A conversation with a friend. Alternatehistory95 8 1582 January 21, 2019 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  The Nice Thing About Being An Atheist JackRussell 83 27676 July 21, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  How come there arent many atheists such as Bill Maher Roeki 30 8787 July 6, 2017 at 3:10 am
Last Post: Ben Davis