Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are all the pigeons?
Where are all the pigeons?
I've lived in Tennessee for a few years now and I finally pinned my finger on what's missing! That incessant cooing! I'm from Cleveland Ohio and there you can't get away from those bloody feather dusters! I haven't seen any since I've been hear what's with?
RE: Where are all the pigeons?
You lucky cunt.
I'm jealous. There are millions of the vermin here in London. They shit all over the place, it's disgusting. The only good thing about them is how I feel when I see someone kick one.
At work we used to have a Hawk that would come in a few mornings a week and kill a few, and it would scare some away. But the Hawk went mental one day, so we stopped using it.
(March 5, 2014 at 5:46 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote: You lucky cunt.
I'm jealous. There are millions of the vermin here in London. They shit all over the place, it's disgusting. The only good thing about them is how I feel when I see someone kick one.
At work we used to have a Hawk that would come in a few mornings a week and kill a few, and it would scare some away. But the Hawk went mental one day, so we stopped using it.

Couldn't agree more. Pigeons are no more than rats with wings. Used to drive me spare when I'd see people feeding them in Belfast parks - it struck me as rather like encouraging the spread of filth and disease. Pigeon fanciers are, as a rule, off their nut.

That being said, we've got pigeons here that are exemplars of what pigeons should be: they're lovely, quiet, clean, and they never come into cities.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

LOL , how could a hawk go mental ? Thinking
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(March 5, 2014 at 6:52 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote:

LOL , how could a hawk go mental ? Thinking
They brought it in one morning to do it's thing at around 6am. It flew up into the roof space and wouldn't come back down again. This poor bloke spent a whole day trying to get it to come down. He was walking around the station following it, throwing a dead chick up to try and coax it down. When I left work at 9pm he was still at it. It was funny that most people didn't know what was going on, and just saw a guy repeatedly throwing a dead chick right up to the roof and have it come down and land with a little "splat".
(March 5, 2014 at 7:03 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote:
(March 5, 2014 at 6:52 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: LOL , how could a hawk go mental ? Thinking
They brought it in one morning to do it's thing at around 6am. It flew up into the roof space and wouldn't come back down again. This poor bloke spent a whole day trying to get it to come down. He was walking around the station following it, throwing a dead chick up to try and coax it down. When I left work at 9pm he was still at it. It was funny that most people didn't know what was going on, and just saw a guy repeatedly throwing a dead chick right up to the roof and have it come down and land with a little "splat".

ROFLOL
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
I feel really bad now
Oh, why?
If I had a quid for every time a pigeon flew straight into my bedroom window I'd have enough money to buy a new window.
(March 5, 2014 at 8:17 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote: Oh, why?

For the poor dead chicky