Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:07 pm

Poll: If you could play only one instrument in the world it would be a ...
This poll is closed.
Guitar
22.73%
5 22.73%
Upright Bass
9.09%
2 9.09%
Cello
9.09%
2 9.09%
Piano
22.73%
5 22.73%
Saxophone
0%
0 0%
Trumpet/Brass Horn
0%
0 0%
Drums/Percussion
0%
0 0%
Violin/Fiddle
13.64%
3 13.64%
Ukulele
4.55%
1 4.55%
Bagpipes
0%
0 0%
Accordian
0%
0 0%
Tin Whistle
0%
0 0%
Mandolin
0%
0 0%
Harmonica
0%
0 0%
Viola
0%
0 0%
Lute
0%
0 0%
Theremin
0%
0 0%
Musical Saw
0%
0 0%
Didgeridoo
0%
0 0%
Other
18.18%
4 18.18%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone?
Anyone?
So I'm starting the process of booking this year's first tour, and on my way home from my gig tonight I suddenly thought, "Hey, maybe there's some cool heathens from Atheist Forums that would be interested in attending one of my shows or maybe even letting me crash on their couch once they meet me and realize I'm totally cool to hang out with."

Admittedly, I'm a tiny bit drunk and this idea may not seem near as good an idea tomorrow morning, but right now it seems totally awesome.

It'll be a short 14 day tour from Ohio to Tennessee and maybe into North Carolina. I'll be traveling with my friend, guitarist and co-conspirator, and the two of us are always appreciative of good company and friendly people. Some of you may be thinking that I'm only interested in meeting single women, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. I've met the coolest people over the years (and some really strange ones) doing what I do, and those memories are priceless. I'd love to make more of them.

At any rate, I'm putting it out there. Who knows, maybe if I'm super lucky I can meet up with Drich or Godschild and they can win my soul over for Jesus!

Cheers everybody - and may you have as awesome a life as you can possibly stand. Big Grin

(The poll is just a goofy waste of time. It has nothing to do with anything.)
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Anyone?
You miss me by two time zones!
(March 8, 2014 at 3:05 am)Minimalist Wrote: You miss me by two time zones!

DAMNIT!!!!!
[Image: Evolution.png]

I play the piano, already. So, it would be the..........guitar. Big Grin Someone teach me. lol
I want to have the ability to do this:

I already play four on your list (plus a couple of others), and I'm currently learning bones.

If I had to pick another, probably be keyboards of some sort.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Why can you only choose one instrument, I want to play them all! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

People who want to play a musical instrument but never make the attempt puts me in mind of the story of the time Linda Ronstadt was approached by a fan who said, 'I would do ANYthing to have a voice like yours!'

According to the story, Ronstadt fixed the woman with a steely stare and said, 'Really? Would you practice five hours a day, seven days a week, for twenty years?'

Barring a disability, anyone can learn to do anything. It simply takes work.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 8, 2014 at 6:09 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: People who want to play a musical instrument but never make the attempt puts me in mind of the story of the time Linda Ronstadt was approached by a fan who said, 'I would do ANYthing to have a voice like yours!'

According to the story, Ronstadt fixed the woman with a steely stare and said, 'Really? Would you practice five hours a day, seven days a week, for twenty years?'

Barring a disability, anyone can learn to do anything. It simply takes work.

Boru
No you also need talent. I TRIED and FAILED at the violin for 10 years. I simply don't have the talent for it. I will stick to jewelry making.
Easily the violin, which is an instrument I actually know how to play... I just physically can't anymore, after taking some nerve damage to my hand. I miss it.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!