Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum logon question
Forum logon question
Hi,
normally when I visit the forum I am automatically logged in, but for about a week I have to log in manually (when I type the first few letters of my login it shows in a window, I just click it and it fills in the name and password) I am running Firefox on windoze7 clearly something has changed the settings but I have no idea what. Any ideas?? (login name and PW are stored by firefox correctly)

All sorted now, I re-installed firefox, now working, I still don't know what I did to mess it up!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Forum logon question
Cookies?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Yes please!
ROBOT advice from the future : do not use firefox , use chrome instead .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(March 8, 2014 at 9:00 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: ROBOT advice from the future : do not use firefox , use chrome instead .
Not everyone likes having their browsing information sent to Google. Mozilla are a much more trustworthy and privacy-oriented company.

Besides, this doesn't sound like a problem with Firefox. I use Firefox and I have no problems logging in. Did you check the "remember me" field when logging in? If you don't it will only create a session for as long as your browser is open.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about latest forum rule Catholic_Lady 29 4782 November 14, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  "Forum team" groups question. Edwardo Piet 21 3998 March 8, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  A question about the mafia sub-forum Ravenshire 8 3048 September 12, 2015 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Shining_Finger