Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists are the most vile people on Earth.
Atheists are the most vile people on Earth.
Just kidding. What's up, y'all?

A little background:
I was an atheist my entire life. I remember coming home in my car when I was 3 from preschool and wondering, how can this Jesus fella read our thoughts. And when I was 6, I challenged one of my friends who said the world was going to end any moment because that's what the Bible said, but I asked him how the world was going to end if the Sun wasn't going to explode for a few more billion years. Anyway, from about 7 to 15, I said I was Christian, but I never honestly believed it; I only said I was because people around me did. But the concept of gods just never made sense to me. I honestly believed in Santa Claus and the Eastern Bunny more than I did any gods. I actually never knew there was a term for atheist. But it was in 10th grade that I discovered this. My history teacher posted a question asking us what our religion was and why (not that it matters, but he is Catholic). That's when I started to explore and find out that there was a term for people who didn't believe in gods. At that moment, I threw off the Christian label and have never looked back.

I'm sure y'all will learn more about my interests as I post on this forum. Can't wait to get started!
RE: Atheists are the most vile people on Earth.
Welcome, Caesar. Where you from?
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
Good to have you. Are you a Texan, by chance? (I'm sure Rahul and I are thinking the same thing, both of us living in Texas now and all.)
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
After the trolls we've had recently you completely caught me with that thread topic.

Well done, Caesar (cool name, too!).

Welcome.
Dying to live, living to die.
You almost had me going there, you cheeky bastard.

Welcome!
Welcome, Caesar! Nice intro title :p
Welcome Caesar, yes I was in a church for many years and never truly believed in the teachings, I think it was the friends I meet and the socializing that kept me there for all that time, but now I'm out of there, just got sick of the emotional prison I was in.
Fuck off. Unless you're a 7.0 on the Dawkins scale, like me, you have no credibility.

Oh yeah, welcome. Big Grin

BTW, you have the second best avatar at AF.org.
Welcome to the forum and way to go for a great bait and switch thread title!
Big Grin

And I like your story. :-)
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hello atheists from around the earth ! Memz 23 6964 April 24, 2012 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Memz