Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you cozy with Communism?
Are you cozy with Communism?
Is anyone here an Atheist that condemns Communism. If so, why?

Also, what was the cause of the fall of the Soviet Union?
RE: Are you cozy with Communism?
I was 9 years old when my country transformed from communism to democracy. I can remember when we were still under communism my parents sometimes had to wake up at 4 am and go stand in a line infront of grocery shops to get some food. Some items were very rare to get. For example meat, sugar, flour and things like that.

Now things are a lot more accessible, even though people still complain about economy, job and wages. That is my experience with communism.
(March 15, 2014 at 1:47 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: Is anyone here an Atheist that condemns Communism. If so, why?

I'm afraid I dont know enough about communism to make a proper critique but I think it could be argued that it had both good and bad points, much like democracy. If I'm against anything then I suppose it would be the totalitarian states communism seems to produce but I'm not sure whether that's the fault of communism or human nature.

(March 15, 2014 at 1:47 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: Also, what was the cause of the fall of the Soviet Union?

Obviously God caused the fall of the Soviet Union, to teach those godless infidels a lesson.
(March 15, 2014 at 2:31 pm)jesus_wept Wrote:
(March 15, 2014 at 1:47 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: Is anyone here an Atheist that condemns Communism. If so, why?

I'm afraid I dont know enough about communism to make a proper critique but I think it could be argued that it had both good and bad points, much like democracy. If I'm against anything then I suppose it would be the totalitarian states communism seems to produce but I'm not sure whether that's the fault of communism or human nature.

(March 15, 2014 at 1:47 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: Also, what was the cause of the fall of the Soviet Union?

Obviously God caused the fall of the Soviet Union, to teach those godless infidels a lesson.

Do you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or Christian?
I have considered that communism may be better than capitalism in some ways, but it's never seemed to work out well. Not that capitalism is working so great in the USA. The rich will supposedly be job creators in a capitalist society, but that only helps us if they're creating jobs in this country. Instead they create jobs in places where people work longer hours for less pay, if they get paid at all.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(March 15, 2014 at 2:31 pm)jesus_wept Wrote:

The Virgin Mary at Fatima let it be known that communism would fall in Russia after the Pope made the consecration. It sort of did that. The fall of the Soviet Union without firing a shot was almost miraculous.
I talked to a lot of people who lived under communism and miss it. They say all people could go to school, get a job and so on. So I guess it's not so bad.
(March 15, 2014 at 2:43 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: Do you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or Christian?

The first part was an honest answer but the second was indeed sarcasm.

One doesn't have to be Christian or accept Jesus to believe the Soviet Union was destroyed by god btw. Christians dont have a monopoly on genocidal gods.
(March 15, 2014 at 2:54 pm)jesus_wept Wrote:
(March 15, 2014 at 2:43 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: Do you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or Christian?

The first part was an honest answer but the second was indeed sarcasm.

One doesn't have to be Christian or accept Jesus to believe the Soviet Union was destroyed by god btw. Christians dont have a monopoly on genocidal gods.

It was your name and the picture of Jesus.

You believe in God?
You'll be hard pressed to find many atheists that espouse communism on here. But it would help if you define communism.

That said, atheism and communism have nothing whatsoever to do with one another. One is in the sphere of the political, the other is the lack of belief in a deity or deities.

Oh, sorry, "comrade"
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is atheism really a tenet of communism? IanHulett 17 2824 September 26, 2016 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama