Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creationists Demand Time on Cosmos
Wink 
Creationists Demand Time on Cosmos
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/21/cr...8.facebook

Quote:“Boy, but when you have so many scientists who simply do not accept Darwinian evolution, it seems to me that that might be something to throw in there, you know, the old, ‘some scientists say this, others disagree and think this,’ but that’s not even allowed,” she said.

Of course it's not, why would you get to show science denial on Cosmos? I needed a good laugh though.

ROFLOL
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
RE: Creationists Demand Time on Cosmos
Quote:“You don’t talk about the spherical Earth with NASA, and then say let’s give equal time to the flat Earthers,” Tyson told CNN. “Plus, science is not there for you to cherry pick.”
Pretty much this.
Quote:“Creationists aren’t even on the radar screen for them, they wouldn’t even consider us plausible at all,” said Danny Falkner, of Answers In Genesis, which has previously complained about the show.
And by "creationists" he is specifically referring to Christians. Because "equal time" and "balance" stop being important as soon as any non-Christians show up with their silly theories, right?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Quote:“Creationists aren’t even on the radar screen for them, they wouldn’t even consider us plausible at all,” said Danny Falkner, of Answers In Genesis,

Right, you stupid douchebag. Go back to the creation museum and ride a fucking dinosaur.
So long as evolutionists gets equal time in sunday schools and bible camps.
Someone once complained to the Atheist Experience that they don't give guest slots to christians, letting them come on the show and talk. Matt or someone else just noted how many channels have christianity all day evey day, where the AE is just a one hour slot. They're not going to give equal time on their shows for christians because christians have so much time on other networks as it is.

It's just a tactic to get more publicity and help shut up dissent, because non christians can't talk if the christians are talking.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Doltish cunts. These are the same people that listen to Limbaugh and Hannity and whos assholes consume their undergarments when someone mentions "The Fairness Doctrine". Yet, they want equal time on Cosmos.

There are 15 to 20 channels on cable devoted to Jesus. They can hold their anti-intellectual stroke fest there.
You can have equal time on Cosmos when atheists get equal time on The 700 Club.

That is to say - never.
"So many scientists who don't accept Darwinian evolution".

Is this real life?
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
No.. It's AiG.

Those creatards are not "scientists."
(March 21, 2014 at 5:33 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: You can have equal time on Cosmos when atheists get equal time on The 700 Club.

That is to say - never.

Yes, sedimentary theology does not play well in the church of Noah's flood.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The New Cosmos - Oklahoma ThePinsir 3 1366 March 18, 2014 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan