Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians borrowing tactics from Pedophiles
Exclamation 
Christians borrowing tactics from Pedophiles
Hey, kids would you like some candy?

Quote:Thursday morning, deputies said it was reported two men approached several girls as they were walking along Riceville Road and the men insisted the girls get in their car, but they ignored them and rushed to their destination.
On Friday, Lt. Randy Sorrells said they had identified the people in the car and determined they were soliciting area residents to join a church. Sorrells said there was no ongoing threat.

Further proof for the Christians that cry "persecution!" in this country are completely full of shit. If these men hadn't been associated with a church they'd be in the middle of a legal shitstorm right now and rightfully so.

Quote:[Rev. Keith] Shelton said he doesn’t believe the church did anything wrong, but added, “We are looking through our policies and procedures of how we do things with children to make sure that this doesn’t happen again.”

[Sheriff Van] Duncan said the incident offers a good opportunity for parents to talk to their children about not getting into cars with strangers.
“And it’s also good for us to reinforce with very well-meaning folks like the church that in today’s day and time we have to be real aware of how we approach kids that aren’t in the presence of their parents,” he said.

I have a brilliant fucking solution, you don't!

For fucks sake. Dodgy
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
RE: Christians borrowing tactics from Pedophiles
Quote:[Rev. Keith] Shelton said he doesn’t believe the church did anything wrong, but added, “We are looking through our policies and procedures of how we do things with children to make sure that this doesn’t happen again.”
That has to be a joke, that in this day and age they would not realize how bad it looks that they were trying to lure children into a van. That sounds like a parody.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Well some men needed dope slapping at the very least. You do not approach under aged girls that you don't know, and ask them to go anywhere with you. Maybe drop a flyer, and post something at school, or something like that. Who thought this was a good idea?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The notion that religious people can get away with just about anything just because they believe in Jebus is absolutely absurd. It is something that honestly needs to change, because a nonsense belief in an invisible skydaddy does not give one a license to subvert the law. Of course, I really do not expect any real changes anytime soon, because the insane theists think they are special; veritable gifts to humanity from on High.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 25, 2014 at 11:07 am)Kitanetos Wrote: The notion that religious people can get away with just about anything just because they believe in Jebus is absolutely absurd. It is something that honestly needs to change, because a nonsense belief in an invisible skydaddy does not give one a license to subvert the law. Of course, I really do not expect any real changes anytime soon, because the insane theists think they are special; veritable gifts to humanity from on High.

I concur.

I mean what the flying fuck were these people thinking?

"Oh look some kids, let's see if we can entice them into the car and take 'em to church!"

I can only imagine the reactions of the community if they had actually picked them up without their parents permission. Fucking shitheads. It says a lot about your religion if you have to literally prey upon the kids in your community.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(March 24, 2014 at 4:02 pm)Tonus Wrote:
That has to be a joke, that in this day and age they would not realize how bad it looks that they were trying to lure children into a van. That sounds like a parody.

Well....the blog carries a link to the original news report....

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/2502859...e-co-again

and it's on FOX so, yeah..could be a parody!