Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, I'm Ryan
Hi, I'm Ryan
Bet you didn't see that one coming, huh?

Anyways, I'm just another atheist. Born and raised Christian up until middle school when I started questioning my belief system, became agnostic my freshman [first] year of high school and full blown atheist by my Junior [third] year. Most of my family are your typical Christian republican fundamentalists *yawn*

I'm actually relatively new this whole atheist forum stuff. I originally just followed some YouTube channels which led me to TTA this January. Before that I never even considered an atheist (or religious in general) forum. I've been hearing rumors of you guys and recently there seems to be a lot of new people joining TTA from here so I decided to see you guys for myself. Funny, a quick look-see and I already see many familiar names.

Now, on to the good stuff (me):
  • Atheist for about 6 years now
  • 100% metalhead (ask about my collection Big Grin)
  • I program in C++/Java, design websites and do custom graphics for fun
  • I love to snowboard, surf, paintball and play video games (Xbox 360)
  • I enjoy a good debate and do not shy from a challenge
  • I'm currently balancing work, college and my side projects (programming). So I can get pretty busy, but I have lot of free time at work so I may seem like a no-lifer.
  • I tend to flirt with anyone [claiming to be] of the female gender. If I'm in a good mood, sometimes I don't even make that distinction. If this offends you, I apologize in advance, but I'm harmless. And... well, it's the internet :p
I think that's about it for now. I'll upload a user picture when I get home. The rest you'll just have to find out for yourself Smile
Mother Mercy, take my hand; guide me through this forsaken land. Father Time, return what's mine; the innocence you stole from these eyes. 'Cause I just feel numb...
RE: Hi, I'm Ryan
Welcome!

I just saw Megadeath live a few months ago. That pretty much completed my life.
Is your last name Tology, by any chance?

Welcome to the forums.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Welcome! Losty will ask you for a dick pic in 3...2...1.... Cool Shades
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Welcome to madness.

Smile
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 26, 2014 at 4:23 pm)Beccs Wrote: Welcome to madness.

Smile

Madness?
[Image: madness.jpg]
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Don't we already have a Ryan in these parts?

Oh great - they must be breeding or something.

Ah well, never mind - welcome on board.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
Welcome, and to combine metal and madness....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocFxQjPeyiY
(March 26, 2014 at 4:19 pm)No_God Wrote: Welcome!

I just saw Megadeath live a few months ago. That pretty much completed my life.

Recently I've seen Parkway Drive (completed my life), Upon a Burning Body, Northlane, LetLive, Stick to Your Guns, Of Mice & Men, Terror, Bring Me the Horizon, A Day to Remember, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God... and uh... lots of local bands and probably more that I'm forgetting. That's just this year Smile

(March 26, 2014 at 4:21 pm)Tonus Wrote: Is your last name Tology, by any chance?

Welcome to the forums.

That's a solid negative sir, and thank you.
Mother Mercy, take my hand; guide me through this forsaken land. Father Time, return what's mine; the innocence you stole from these eyes. 'Cause I just feel numb...
Welcome Ryan!

This is a flirty site, so you'll fit right in Smile