Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Joseph.
Poor Joseph.
[Image: _46939366_poster466afp.jpg]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8417963.stm
Thinking
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Poor Joseph.
(December 17, 2009 at 10:51 am)leo-rcc Wrote: [Image: _46939366_poster466afp.jpg]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8417963.stm
Thinking

Big Grin
"The billboard was defaced within hours of its unveiling"

Christians never disagree Big Grin
I think the best thing about this is that for once it isn't the atheists putting up controversial billboards Tongue

Good on the church for having a sense of fricken' humour.
lol awesome...

"Is it about a spiritual male God sending down sperm so a child would be born, or is it about the power of love in our midst as seen in Jesus?"

I think the first one... ? Big Grin
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
Poor Joseph looks a little unhappy with this arrangement Undecided
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(December 17, 2009 at 4:37 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Christians never disagree Big Grin

What? Are you indirectly calling yourself and your fellow "Christians" all sheep who lack individual thought? Confusedhock:

It's funny when Christians fight amongst themselves over an amusing billboard haha... but then again... a lot of things are funny.

EvF
HA, this made me laugh out loud. Poor Joseph indeed.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
This is what it looks like after the fundies got to it:

[Image: after.jpeg]
(December 17, 2009 at 5:57 pm)littlegrimlin1 Wrote: "Is it about a spiritual male God sending down sperm so a child would be born, or is it about the power of love in our midst as seen in Jesus?"

Those Christians seem far more genuine to me in looking for a reason to love instead of a reason to obey. And their attempt at challenging popular literalist views to bring focus to the good of their religion? I appreciate such. It is a shame that some people within their faith cannot even put up a light hearted sign without getting a load of hate. Hate seems to be all fundamentalists have nowadays - perhaps it always was that way.

I can only hope that us Atheists do not fall to blind hatred or fail to listen, even when others are obviously lying. I know that I have issues with that and will keep "up the good fight" in bringing dialog. Fundamentalism calls everyone with a seductive call.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should poor people have kids? BrokenQuill92 78 5335 November 29, 2019 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92