Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCHF and training
LCHF and training
Hi!

Some time ago I started to eat LCHF and work out quite a bit. I had gained a lot of weight, and this was probably because I had started spending most of my spare time sitting down, writing. Also, I drank too much beer for a while. I'm supposed to avoid drinking beer as much as possible. Guess I 'slipped' for a while there. (DAMN that old malty brew; nectar of SATAN!)
The reason I went for LCHF is that a friend of mine who had gotten rather chubby tried it. He lost a lot of fat, and he easily maintained his weight. He looks great now.

My eating habits and workout routine have worked so far. The fat is melting away nicely. I haven't lost that much weight, but that is probably because I lift weights.
I am confused, however. I don't know how much is the working out, and how much is the diet. My friend trains a lot, too. A lot of the information I've found on LCHF feels pseudo to some extent. I don't really know how how its supposed to work, and if it really works as well as I feel it does.
I believe my training routine burns approx. 600-800 calories a day, on average.
I refuse to count calories, because it reminds me to much of an x who had some sick issues about food, etc. But I eat plenty. I sometimes even over-eat.

What do you think about his? Any thoughts or suggestions?
Do you know about any reliable sources that explains or critiques LCHF?