Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Game for PC
Good Game for PC
Can anyone recommend a good game for PC? I currently play DDO but would like something with more story. The one must is mouse steer, as I'm used to that with DDO and don't want to change. I tried LOTRO and SWTOR but missed the mouse steer. Doesn't have to be an online game. Thanks.
RE: Good Game for PC
So by that you mean no WASD? The standard?
Torchlight II?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orGKxlqTOHU
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

It's a bit niche but try ftl (faster than light). It's on steam and gog. Basically a resource management rpg type thing based on star trekesque type exploration and combat. It comes second only to the civilisation series for games which make you suddenly realise a late night of gaming has run away to 4am and there is no longer any point in going to bed.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
I played WoW for the longest time in high school and it was probably one of the most fun online games I've ever played. Its addicting as hell but if its still around I would recommend it.
(April 2, 2014 at 5:25 pm)wolf39us Wrote: So by that you mean no WASD? The standard?
I don't play much so I'm not exactly sure what's usual and what the terminology is. I have DDO set up so that I press W to move forward and I use the mouse to steer. S is back, A&D are strafe left/right. I can't get used to (or rather won't take the time to get used to) turning with A/D or the arrow keys. Does that make sense?

FWIW some years ago I played Oblivion and enjoyed it, although it was too easy to beat with certain play styles.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions, I'm working a ton of hours now but in two weeks will have 6 days off and I'd kinda like to spend half of that vegging to a new game.
(April 2, 2014 at 5:39 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(April 2, 2014 at 5:25 pm)wolf39us Wrote: So by that you mean no WASD? The standard?
I don't play much so I'm not exactly sure what's usual and what the terminology is. I have DDO set up so that I press W to move forward and I use the mouse to steer. S is back, A&D are strafe left/right. I can't get used to (or rather won't take the time to get used to) turning with A/D or the arrow keys. Does that make sense?

FWIW some years ago I played Oblivion and enjoyed it, although it was too easy to beat with certain play styles.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions, I'm working a ton of hours now but in two weeks will have 6 days off and I'd kinda like to spend half of that vegging to a new game.

What you need is Path of Exile
If you haven't tried out the Mass Effect series or Dragon Age, do so! Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(April 2, 2014 at 5:42 pm)wolf39us Wrote: What you need is Path of Exile
What's it like, and is it available online or do I need to order it?

(April 2, 2014 at 5:43 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: If you haven't tried out the Mass Effect series or Dragon Age, do so! Tongue
What's it like?
For RPG, definitely get Skyrim and Fallout 3 - the base games are good, and the modding community is huge so you can tailor your game to whatever you want it to be.

I also recommend any strategy game made by Paradox Interactive, such as Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4 - they both have near endless replay-ability and are immense fun.

If you want to go retro, there's a great FPS called Unreal Tournament - the first game was made in '99 and is huge fun - I think there is still an online playerbase somewhere
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New game released! Looks good! Fidel_Castronaut 2 307 October 27, 2018 at 8:51 am
Last Post: GrandizerII