Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geocentrists Dupe Capt. Janeway
Geocentrists Dupe Capt. Janeway
Read more about this at http://time.com/54684/star-trek-kate-mul...?hpt=hp_t3

"I was a voice for hire, and a misinformed one," says [Kate] Mulgrew, famous as Star Trek: Voyager's Captain Kathryn Janeway. She narrates an upcoming documentary that argues that Earth is the center of the universe and the sun rotates around it

One would think that actress Kate Mulgrew knows a lot about the universe from her time as a Starfleet ship captain in the science-fiction series Star Trek: Voyager.

But her “expertise” (and, perhaps, sanity?) was thrown into question when her voice was heard narrating a trailer for The Principle, an upcoming documentary that argues for geocentrism, the belief that the sun (as well as the rest of the universe) revolves around Earth."

P.S. They also misused Lawrence Kraus.
RE: Geocentrists Dupe Capt. Janeway
Yeah, when I found out she was involved in this, I was like, "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Janeway! I loved you!"

Then when I found out she didn't mean to do it I was like, "Um, well... okay then... not sure how you could've done this without knowing what you were doing."

Why the hell does this documentary even exist?
(April 9, 2014 at 12:15 pm)My imaginary friend is GOD Wrote: Why the hell does this documentary even exist?

To document that stupid people exist.
(April 9, 2014 at 12:15 pm)My imaginary friend is GOD Wrote: Yeah, when I found out she was involved in this, I was like, "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Janeway! I loved you!"

Then when I found out she didn't mean to do it I was like, "Um, well... okay then... not sure how you could've done this without knowing what you were doing."

Why the hell does this documentary even exist?

Yeah. I'm also curious about how she could have done this. She surely heard the words she had to say and knew they were wrong. Maybe she originally thought it was intended to be fiction? (Well, it is fiction but not intentional.)
Just recently started re-watching voyager after completing DS9.

She issued an apology I read for voicing this, as well as an admission that she didn't know that the nazi, anti-Semitic guy (whose name I forgot and can't be arsed to find) helped to fund it.

It could be that they cherry picked the parts they asked her to read, or they gave her a disjointed script to read and then cobbled together parts they wanted to. Either that, or her agent is an idiot.

Either way, she's aged terribly. Am I the only one who thinks that?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]