Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ninja Clans of Gothenburg
Ninja Clans of Gothenburg
During the last few years the number of women in Muslim garb has been increasing in my home town. The newest thing is that you sometimes see them wearing niqāb (i.e. you only see the eyes). Today a bunch of them came on the tram. They really stand out -- you can't deny that.
There's a lot of slurs used about women in such dress, such as penguins, ninjas, tents and so on. Even though a lot of people who use those have strong anti-immigration sentiments, I can't really blame them. People can wear whatever they want in Sweden (except political uniforms) but I think the niqāb is an ugly, ridiculous garment that stands for oppression and ignorance.
There was a lot of talk about a store not far from where I work. The story even got coverage on national TV. It is a pralineur (i.e. a craft chocolate store)
It was about a muslim girl who got a job there, and then got fired for refusing to not wear hijab.
The girl claimed that she was being discriminated because of her religion. The thing I find interesting is that she went to the interview without hijab, then came to work with hijab the next day. She didn't play the race card but I could tell she was itching to do it. You see, the muslims in Sweden have figured out that here, nothing trumps the race card, even if the question has nothing to do with what color your skin has.
So there's this girl at work who's this kind of ultra-liberal who always jumps on the latest trend about what you're supposed to be tolerant and understanding about. She defended the girls right to wear her stupid outfit at work and said that Islam is really a 'religion of peace'.
Really? It is the most misogynistic, oppressive and violent religion I know of. The conflict in Syriah, where muslims kill muslims by the tens of thousands, is based on differences between two ethnic groups/sects of Islam. A religion of peace. Give me a break. They can't even keep from slaughtering their own 'Muslim brothers and sisters'.
Islam is the one religion I truly despise. Sometimes, it makes me wonder if freedom of religion really is such a good idea.

RE: Ninja Clans of Gothenburg
I am always hearing about similar cases like this in the uk, women go for the job interview without the hijab on, then turn up for work with it on, get fired and then sue. I think a lot of them are using it as a scam to sue and get money to be honest.
RE: Ninja Clans of Gothenburg
Islam is my most despised religion as well. Tolerating it is extremely dangerous, and so is opposing it. I give props to people like Robert Spencer for openly opposing it. But, I truly tell you nothing gets my blood boiling like hearing "islam is a religion of peace" or "islam demands that a man respects his wife." People's ignorance about the true origin and composition of this religion is a projection of complete lack of interest in the world. This religion is the biggest threat to every society on this planet.
PM me if you know where this is from "...knees in the breeze" and don't look it up!!