Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New muchacho
New muchacho
Hello,
My name is Albert. I'm originally from Puerto Rico, and was raised hardcore pentecostal. Yes, I witnessed most members of my family speak in tongues, and shake to the presence of the holy spirit. Everything was forbidden in my house, the only music allowed to be played was religious music, females couldn't wear makeup, pants or let their hair down, and we had to go to church every day. However, I had four family members that were constantly in and out of mental institutions, and I'm convinced it had something to do with religion. I became an atheist at age 16, when I read the Bible my way, without anyone trying to convince me of what it really meant. I've been happier since. I've expanded my mind to new heights never imagined. I'm an atheist product of christianity, so I'm still highly intrigued by the subject. I think we would be a much greater society without religion, but I'm not against faith or believes in Gods, but I do have a problem with the institution itself, and most parts of the Bible. I cannot comprehend how anyone can interpret certain cruelty exhibited by God himself as something positive. Such as flooding the world and killing thousands of people, killing every first-born in Egypt through his plague, killing everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah, killing the people of Jericho, among many other things.

Anyways, I'll leave it at that for now. I'm sure I could share more later through the forums. Just happy to be here.
RE: New muchacho
Welcome to the forum.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Bienvenidos boriqua Wink
Glad to meet you.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome, and look forward to your posts Smile
Buenos dias!
Welcome!
I totally read the title of this thread as "New mustachio" and thought it would be a thread for pictures of epic mustaches...

Angel Cloud

Anyway, welcome to the forums whether you have a mustache or not Big Grin
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(April 13, 2014 at 12:06 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: I totally read the title of this thread as "New mustachio" and thought it would be a thread for pictures of epic mustaches...

Angel Cloud

Anyway, welcome to the forums whether you have a mustache or not Big Grin

Welcome to the forum. I'm not a pentecostal, but I'm a wild-eyed christian. Looking forward to having some discussions with you.