Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet Rex,the1500lb crocodile
Meet Rex,the1500lb crocodile
Rex is a 1500lb 5 metre salt water crocodile at Sydney Wildlife World.

Although by no means a record breaker,Rex is considered of impressive size.

http://sydneywildlifeworld.myfun.com.au/...ut-Rex.htm

Salt water crocodiles are found up North around Darwin, over 2000 miles from me. Contrary to popular belief they're not really that dangerous,and make excellent guard dogs. They only eat the odd Japanese tourist who tries to pet them.Angel Cloud

Local are quite casual about crocs.

[Image: cid_1C2F725C31614C2E9995D56B2068A2A.jpg]
RE: Meet Rex,the1500lb crocodile
Man oh man, that is one big crocodile! I would not want to be near him on a bad day!
Freedom is the ability to march to the beat of a different drummer without fear of retribution. Secularone

Ignorance is bliss but understanding is wonderful. Atheist forums.org
(December 22, 2009 at 8:19 pm)Amphora Wrote: Man oh man, that is one big crocodile! I would not want to be near him on a bad day!

Or a good one either.Cool Shades
"Crikey, Lets see if we can piss him off by sticking a thumb up its ass."
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(December 23, 2009 at 5:02 am)leo-rcc Wrote: "Crikey, Lets see if we can piss him off by sticking a thumb up its ass."

A certain late, embarrassing wanker used to say 'crikey' all the time. He died from terminal stupidity after a close encounter with a stingray. I've never met an Australian who actually says 'crikey'.
I take it you never met him then.

Aw I love that quote Leo. FSM bless South Park.

EvF
Quote:I take it you never met him then.

I never met Mr Irwin.I was commenting on his public persona and behaviour, which as an urban Australian I found irritating and embarrassing.

Germain Greer summed up my feelings about the guy (as he SEEMED to be)

Quote:Irwin death, animal world revenge: Greer

September 5, 2006 - 11:34AM

The animal world has taken revenge on self-deluded animal tormentor Steve Irwin, according to expatriate Australian academic and writer Germaine Greer.

Writing in the British press following Irwin's sudden death, Greer said she had "not much sympathy" for the naturalist if he was grappling with the stingray that killed him on the Great Barrier Reef.

"As a Melbourne boy, Irwin should have had a healthy respect for stingrays, which are actually commoner and bigger in southern waters than they are near Port Douglas," Greer said in The Guardian.

She described Irwin's behaviour as "bizarre", noting the famed incident when he held his baby son while feeding a crocodile during a show at his Australia Zoo on the Sunshine Coast.

"The whole spectacle was revolting," Greer said.

"The crocodile would rather have been anywhere else and the chicken had a grim life too, but that's entertainment at Australia Zoo."

She dismissed Irwin's explanation that he had the situation under control and could not have slipped or stumbled.

"That sort of self-delusion is what it takes to be a real Aussie larrikin," Greer said.

"What Irwin never seemed to understand was that animals need space.

"There was no habitat, no matter how fragile or finely balanced, that Irwin hesitated to barge into, trumpeting his wonder and amazement to the skies.

"There was not an animal he was not prepared to manhandle.

"Every creature he brandished at the camera was in distress.

"The animal world has finally taken its revenge on Irwin, but probably not before a whole generation of kids in shorts seven sizes too small has learned to shout in the ears of animals with hearing ten times more acute than theirs, determined to become millionaire animal-loving zoo-owners in their turn."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/WORLD/Irwin-d...09840.html
Thanks for posting a piece of wankery about a wanker, padraic. Seriously - such a mind killing piece of "he had it coming".

That's one kick ass croc!
(December 23, 2009 at 10:08 pm)Synackaon Wrote: Thanks for posting a piece of wankery about a wanker, padraic. Seriously - such a mind killing piece of "he had it coming".

Not sure that's what Dr Greer said or implied.Nor is it what I meant. It tried to make it clear I was commenting on the man's public image and public behaviour,which in my opinion was that of a clown and a fool.

I never met Mr Irwin. I certainly did not wish him dead.No one deserves to die as he did. I wasn't there,so don't know what actually happened. From what I've read his death seems to have been the result of an error of judgment a man in his position makes only once.

Oh, a croc won't kick your arse,he'll be too busy drowning you. He will then store you for few weeks somewhere under water until you get ripe,then he'll eat you.
Crocodiles rip off limbs, by grabbing onto one and twisting or spinning their body. The torsion force rips apart any join and even pulverizes bones because of the whiplash effect, as in the case of an anaconda versus a crocodile (cool stuff, by the way).

Then it drowns it's (by now) terminally bleeding prey.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else had an AF meet up? About to lose my virginity Whateverist 52 8586 April 29, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Do We Have AF Members in Spain (Who Might Want to Meet Us) Jenny A 3 1303 April 2, 2018 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Meet Yong and Jessica Minimalist 24 6177 May 23, 2017 at 5:41 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Who wants a meet-up? Cyberman 5 689 February 24, 2017 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Meet the modern western women ErGingerbreadMandude 192 18566 April 15, 2016 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Melbourne AF meet up Justtristo 3 984 April 9, 2016 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Let's meet on Skype with a group video chat! Catholic_Lady 225 23707 October 16, 2015 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  how do you make ends meet? Phatt Matt s 103 16025 April 9, 2014 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  For Cthulhu and Rex! ♥ Fruity 29 4080 January 22, 2014 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Which forum members would you like to meet? Something completely different 191 50794 September 17, 2013 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Godscreated