Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tonsillectomy helped me!
tonsillectomy helped me!
ive had mental issues since i was like 16, horrible depression, anxiety, suicidal/homicidal thoughts, and more - been on SOOOO many meds and thousands of dollars on therapy, nothing helped!

last year a new doc looked at me and said my tonsils are very huge and obstruct my air ways and they did a sleep study and basically all my life i have not had a single good night of sleep, because there is REM sleep where you go into the deep good quality sleep, and because i wasn't getting good air flow with my tonsils, i never got good quality sleep, and it was literally making me crazy!! Sleep is incredibly important for almost everything, much more so then people realize!

but i got them out last week and im sleeping like a rock! i feel so much better (the pain meds might help with that lol Wink ) but i don't feel as angry and wanting to kill myself!

to think all the years Christians spent praying for me and telling me what i was doing wrong and if my heart wasn't so evil I wouldn't have all these problems Confusedhock: but at the same time, i feel let down by psychiatric system as well, because i have been inpatient many times, and they treat patients like crap, always blaming them and yelling at them. the part that sucked the most was how they were very condescending and all had the same cliche advice to give, the docs would see you literally for 2 minutes a day, and the rest of the staff barely had 2 year degrees and probably learned everything they knew about psychology during orientation.

But I have been reading a lot about how many children are being slammed with the mental health system, and many times it's an underlying physical condition that is causing problems for them. It's kinda scary!
RE: tonsillectomy helped me!
You have to remember that your medical practitioners are just people too.

There was no indication of a tonsil problem with me until I was woken up @ 03:00 with MASSIVE ear ache. Down to the docs the next morning and tonsils out within two weeks.

Again, your medicos won't know jack shit IF you don't tell them, .... They are only people.

Glad that you are feeling so much better leo. One does not thrive when one is in constant pain, however slight that pain might be.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I am glad that you are feeling better, leo. Smile
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Ballectomy helped me!
I've suffered from schizophrenia, lack of iron, scientology, christianism, homeopathy, and so on..
But when I had my balls removed, that really helped!

(April 27, 2014 at 10:07 am)leodeo Wrote: but at the same time, i feel let down by psychiatric system as well, because i have been inpatient many times, and they treat patients like crap, always blaming them and yelling at them. the part that sucked the most was how they were very condescending and all had the same cliche advice to give, the docs would see you literally for 2 minutes a day, and the rest of the staff barely had 2 year degrees and probably learned everything they knew about psychology during orientation.

Hmm that's interesting, now how do you feel about that? Maybe you should sit down with your psychiatrist and tell him how his actions made you feel let down, and then together you can devise an action plan so it won't happen again. And further, why do you feel let down? Is this coming from a place of rejection, or possibly anger, or maybe you were let down by someone close to you when you were a young child? How was your your childhood?
LeoDeo! Glad you're feeling better, man. It's insane how important sleep is, and how much not getting it can ruin your shit. It's great news that you got it figured out.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---