Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Advice on quote editing
Advice on quote editing
There has been a recent increase in the quoting of large amounts of text on the forum lately, and since the staff likes to keep the place easy on the eyes, we agreed that it would best to make an announcement addressing the issue.

When quoting someone, please edit out the parts of the text that are not replying to, or if you don't feel comfortable altering the content of the post, use the hide tags to condense the text you are replying to. To use hide tags, simply put an open hide tag at the begining of the text you want to quote and a closed hid tag at the end. It would look like this...

Code:
[hide]
Atheists choose to go to hell, derp.
[/hide]

The staff would staff very much appreciate you taking the time to do this, because when we have to deal with this issue we must make a report, edit the post, complete the report, and then archive it. If you have any questions, feel free to raise them here.

Thank you.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
RE: Advice on quote editing
Yeah, those long assed posts one has to scroll through forever as though one is reading an account of Frodo's journey through middle earth is annoying.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

I'll try it next time.

Hopefully I won't screw it up.

Editing quoted text is my bane.
Dying to live, living to die.
I was going to make some sort of humorous comment about quoting in full a post about quoting in full, but it gave me a headache. So I won't.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Woot.

It worked!

Tongue
Yay, I helped! Big Grin
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(April 27, 2014 at 10:57 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Yay, I helped! Big Grin

Thank you all for the assistance.

Do you stop pouting, now?

Wink Shades
I will if you kiss it better.
(April 27, 2014 at 11:04 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I will if you kiss it better.

I've heard that one from guys before.

Not falling for it a tenth time!

Tongue
Aww.

My favourite line was suggesting a cure for everything from a sore throat to backache. Always the same cure.

That, or "While you're down there..."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please don't abuse the [quote] system Autumnlicious 34 12975 May 9, 2012 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Editing / Deleting Posts Tiberius 29 11529 August 6, 2011 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused