Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entry requirement for creationists
In order to make this forum something more than just a place for creationists to spend their worthless time to waste normal people's otherwise potentially productive time, I think a rule needs to be instituted to require creationists to submit proper evidence that he/she has studied evolution, in the form of a Utube video showing he/her accurate descibing contemporay scientific understand of the evidence for evolution, the nature of evolution, and the mechanism of evolution, before being allowed to post any topic related to god, evolution and creation.
RE: Entry requirement for creationists
A lot of the fun I get out of this forum is in laughing at them. No me gusta.
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
(April 30, 2014 at 3:39 pm)Chuck Wrote: In order to make this forum something more than just a place for creationists to spend their worthless time to waste normal people's otherwise potentially productive time, I think a rule needs to be instituted to require creationists to submit proper evidence that he/she has studied evolution, in the form of a Utube video showing he/her accurate descibing contemporay scientific understand of the evidence for evolution, the nature of evolution, and the mechanism of evolution, before being allowed to post any topic related to god, evolution and creation.

If you want to ban creationist from the website just ask the modsDodgy
[Image: guilmon_evolution_by_davidgtm3-d4gb5rp.gif]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
(April 30, 2014 at 3:39 pm)Chuck Wrote: In order to make this forum something more than just a place for creationists to spend their worthless time to waste normal people's otherwise potentially productive time, I think a rule needs to be instituted to require creationists to submit proper evidence that he/she has studied evolution, in the form of a Utube video showing he/her accurate descibing contemporay scientific understand of the evidence for evolution, the nature of evolution, and the mechanism of evolution, before being allowed to post any topic related to god, evolution and creation.
Are these forums an atheist moral-support group, or a place where people with dumb ideas have a chance to (eventually) realize, through the superior logic and evidence of their adversaries, that they've been sold a fairy-tale as reality? Clearly, the latter-- a room full of only atheists is like a soccer game with only one team.

I think new members should be required to prove that they can spell Youtube, and that they know what "philosophy" means so they don't post dumb stuff in the philosophy section.

Tongue
(April 30, 2014 at 5:02 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Are these forums an atheist moral-support group, or a place where people with dumb ideas have a chance to (eventually) realize, through the superior logic and evidence of their adversaries, that they've been sold a fairy-tale as reality? Clearly, the latter-- a room full of only atheists is like a soccer game with only one team.

How many creationist have you met who have been susceptible to improvement through "superior logic and evidence"?

You can certainly improve your odds by filter the creationists so that when you plant seeds of "superior logic and evidence", you are more likely to do so in brains that have some viable soil, rather than brains that work like lumps of god fearing concrete.
but wouldn't they turn around and say the same thing, that is you must be educated in their belief system, and know all about their reasoning of god.
(April 30, 2014 at 6:53 pm)psychoslice Wrote: but wouldn't they turn around and say the same thing, that is you must be educated in their belief system, and know all about their reasoning of god.

I was indoctrinated into Christianity as a child ended up preaching at a church for a bit, then when I got older grew up, I got the hell out.

I'd say there is a huge lack of reasoning as a requirement, even the religious schools (upper class) I was in taught methods of debating atheists.

You have to throw logic, and sound reasoning out the window if you want to believe in Christianity, in fact I know almost no one, or have met no one whom was christian who's parents had not indoctrinated them.
(April 30, 2014 at 6:53 pm)psychoslice Wrote: but wouldn't they turn around and say the same thing, that is you must be educated in their belief system, and know all about their reasoning of god.

Yes, but I do not ask their time on their forums.
(April 30, 2014 at 7:09 pm)Chuck Wrote:

Yes, but I do not ask their time on their forums.

My friend, I avoid christian forums because it would be a Shit storm of hell, bunch of people who believe in super powers and magic how to reason such absurdities would be beyond my ability, my brain would explode.
(April 30, 2014 at 7:12 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote:
(April 30, 2014 at 7:09 pm)Chuck Wrote: Yes, but I do not ask their time on their forums.

My friend, I avoid christian forums because it would be a Shit storm of hell, bunch of people who believe in super powers and magic how to reason such absurdities would be beyond my ability, my brain would explode.

Nah, they'd ban you before that happened.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What if Creationists were Athiest for a day? ScienceAf 59 5912 August 29, 2016 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Why Do I hate creationists (theists in general) ScienceAf 92 14334 August 27, 2016 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue