Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Talk
Let's Talk
Hello, I am new to the forum, but please give me a fighting chance. I would like to open up the floor to topics for discussion and would love to give insight from a Catholic perspective. No "hate" just a perspective. It should be like a trip to the exotic zoo for most of you.
RE: Let's Talk
If that is your real email, staff might ask you change your username.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 30, 2014 at 9:06 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: If that is your real email, staff might ask you change your username.
Yes it is, thank you so much.

Bad start, but let's get things rolling. I am here to learn and so can you.
Welcome, ducketto!

You can post a topic for discussion in the appropriate forum, or just jump in!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(April 30, 2014 at 9:23 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Welcome, ducketto!

You can post a topic for discussion in the appropriate forum, or just jump in!

Thanks so much, truly.
Yeah, your Catholicism is "exotic" to us. You're a special little snowflake! Heart
What's so exotic about a religion that protects (and seemingly perpetuates) lurid old men that want to have sex with children?

Or about a religion that has elements in it that knowingly stole children from mothers to sell them to foreigners to get their nunnery some extra cash?

Or about a religion whose preaching and dogmas have undoubtedly led to the acceleration of deadly sexually transmitted diseases such has HIV by banning some of the most effective means of prevention?

Or about a religion that claims to stand up for the poor, and to represent their rights throughout the world, but whose headquarters is built of the finest marble and gold pillaged from the roman ruins nearby, and has some of the most expensive pieces of artwork and historical artifacts known to man, and whose capital reserves outstrip many a country whose populations could put to much more good use?

Yeah mate, your religion is totally 'exotic' to us. Many of us were Catholics. We don't need you to tell us what it's all about. Your religion's history can be seen in the destruction and countless dead scattered through history.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need to talk about this Der/die AtheistIn 2 733 October 9, 2017 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2680 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 18308 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Let's talk about... yaweh dyresand 106 9861 March 12, 2016 at 10:39 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Let's Talk About Saints! BrianSoddingBoru4 7 1903 March 8, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Let me get this straight... dyresand 92 16052 October 12, 2015 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Hell.. so yeah let's fact check dyresand 6 2274 September 1, 2015 at 11:55 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Let's get the fact's straight dyresand 74 11450 July 10, 2015 at 1:57 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
Question Why did God let people think demons cause epilepsy? Razzle 34 7685 May 22, 2015 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Drich
  Let's Give The Muslims A Day Off Minimalist 60 9595 April 7, 2015 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam