Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Charmers.
What Charmers.
Me, I'd have stormed out just because it was the National Day of Prayer. But I support her choice utterly. Wish others had joined her.

Congresswoman Storms Out of Day of Prayer Event
RE: What Charmers.
When there is a jesus freak around one should expect nothing good at all to come out of a whole bunch of them talking to their invisible sky-daddy at the same time.

This country needs a shitload less praying and a shitload more working.

No fucking god is getting us out of our troubles.
I guess prayer hasn't worked, so it was time to start whining instead.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Quote:“Dobson just blew a hole into this idea of being a nonpartisan National Day of Prayer. It was very disturbing to me … and really a shame,” Hahn, the co-chair of the weekly congressional prayer breakfast, added. “James Dobson hijacked the National Day of Prayer -- this nonpartisan, nonpolitical National Day of Prayer -- to promote his own distorted political agenda.”
Indeed. Though there always will be such people, and instead of storming out, being there is the step to show your disapproval.

Rash actions usually give your enemies nothing more than more material to shoot at.
She could have stayed and participated in the event, and made her own stance count.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Fuck yeah, storm out, congresswoman. Fuck those bitches. They suck. Way to be, grrl!