Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Up With AtheistNexus?
What's Up With AtheistNexus?
I decided to sign up on that site and man, what a mistake. The first person who I mildly disagreed with completely lost their mind. It was seriously worse being on that site, than being on a website full of militant Christians.

Here's a link to a forum post I made along with the excerpt from the chat. Are any of you also members of AtheistNexus? Did I just happen to run into the one retard on AtheistNexus, or are most of the people like this?

AtheistNexus Theist Sterilization
RE: What's Up With AtheistNexus?
(May 8, 2014 at 12:02 am)TAW Wrote: I decided to sign up on that site and man, what a mistake. The first person who I mildly disagreed with completely lost their mind. It was seriously worse being on that site, than being on a website full of militant Christians.

Here's a link to a forum post I made along with the excerpt from the chat. Are any of you also members of AtheistNexus? Did I just happen to run into the one retard on AtheistNexus, or are most of the people like this?

lol I joined there recently, and then deactivated my account after a few days. I found it to be annoyingly like facebook. I liked the people well enough, most were friendly, etc. I wasn't on there long enough to get into any serious debates with anyone, but just don't like that facebook format/look. Too many 'likes' and such...it was overkill. And they don't allow anyone but atheists to join, which is fine, but I like a balance, actually.
I guess I just ran into one of the lunatics on the site. I was hoping to network on there and maybe find other atheist YouTubers to collaborate with.
I have an account there I created a while ago. Never posted past an introduction, though.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I'm a member of AN but never really posted there. Until a recent visit there a couple of weeks ago I hadn't been on since 2010.

(May 8, 2014 at 12:02 am)TAW Wrote: I decided to sign up on that site and man, what a mistake. The first person who I mildly disagreed with completely lost their mind. It was seriously worse being on that site, than being on a website full of militant Christians.

Read the bullshit and had to respond.
Dying to live, living to die.
I do use FB a lot, to keep in touch with old friends and family. So for me the FB likeness, if true, works for me. I did try to sign up. It looks intriguing. But it'ssaying my zip is invalid.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(May 8, 2014 at 1:27 am)c172 Wrote: I do use FB a lot, to keep in touch with old friends and family. So for me the FB likeness, if true, works for me. I did try to sign up. It looks intriguing. But it'ssaying my zip is invalid.

I recall having trouble signing up, too.

Yeah, I also FB a lot.
Dying to live, living to die.