Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Sam has been drafted
Michael Sam has been drafted
I admit, the only reason I am posting this is because he is openly gay.

Wink Shades

Quote:The St. Louis Rams drafted Michael Sam, football player, in the NFL draft on Saturday. They drafted Sam in the seventh round, not because they thought the league or the world owed him a job because he announced he was gay on his way out of the University of Missouri. They drafted him because they thought he might be one of those low-round picks who might pay off and help them be a better team someday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footba...-1.1787824
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Michael Sam has been drafted
And so were 255 other dudes.

I'm happy for him though. The video of him getting the call was really cool.
Christians love making it all about them.

Quote:The right-wing Christian brothers whose planned reality show was controversially axed after their history of anti-gay remarks came to light have a message for Michael Sam, who made history this week after becoming the first openly gay player to be drafted into the NFL.

"Anybody that would be caught up in sexuality outside of the context of marriage between a man and a woman is in a dangerous spot," David Benham told Glenn Beck in an interview on The Blaze. Acknowledging that Sam is a "talented football player" who "should be playing in the NFL," he added, "His sexual expressions and the propagation of them are not healthy for him as a young man.”

Jason Benham then added, "The reason why I feel for Michael Sam is the same agenda that pushed us out of the limelight is elevating him to the limelight ... You can see what’s happening here and the minute that he decides to go against that, he’s going to be crushed."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/14...Gay+Voices

And:

Quote:A Dallas TV host walked off the set of her show Tuesday after an argument erupted over her disapproval of Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend on television.

A discussion on KTXD TV's "The Broadcast" about ESPN's decision to broadcast Michael Sam's emotional kiss escalated into a full-blown fight between co-hosts and ended with host Amy Kushnir storming off the set, declaring, "I'm done."

Kushnir said that she was against the network airing the kiss, and argued that it strayed from ESPN's tradition of promoting "all-American sports."

"When parents do not have a choice as to whether or not they want their children to see this, it's wrong," she said. "It's being pushed in faces.... I don't want to see that. I don't want to see cake in your face, kissing each other."

Kushnir's co-host seemed shocked by her comments and fired back that the kiss was a major moment in the nation's history and "a moment of celebration."

"I don't call it a moment of celebration," Kushnir responded, before storming off moments later.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/14...Gay+Voices
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
These people are disgusting.
Quote:"When parents do not have a choice as to whether or not they want their children to see this, it's wrong," she said. "It's being pushed in faces.... I don't want to see that. I don't want to see cake in your face, kissing each other."

Change the channel - same thing I do when I see the asshole god-bothering evangelists on TV that I don't want to see.
[Image: 10155287_719846111395413_4968861265970635694_n.jpg]

Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.