Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saw Godzilla tonight. It was... (SPOILER)
Saw Godzilla tonight. It was... (SPOILER)
HORRIBLE. DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE. TERRIBLE ACTING, NO INTERESTING FIGHTS, LOTS OF UNNECESSARY PLOT SCENES, THEY KILLED
Bryan Cranston's character 20 minutes into it, which was like 50% of the reason why I thought the movie might not suck, AND MADE GODZILLA THE MOVIE'S HERO.

To repeat, it was awful. Sucky. Waste of $20.
RE: Saw Godzilla tonight. It was... (SPOILER)
Kinda glad I wasn't planning on seeing it, then.
Dying to live, living to die.
Godzilla would have needed a motivation to be the hero. As it stands, there was no reason why he did anything in that movie. Dodgy

He was just... there. It could have been about Gamera or any other kaiju without having to change anything but that one name.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Yeah, I was pretty unenthusiastic about this one as well. If you've seen one gorilla whale destroy Tokyo, you've seen 'em all.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Too late. Damn the trailer, it made me think it was going to be good.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

(May 17, 2014 at 8:51 am)Sejanus Wrote: Too late. Damn the trailer, it made me think it was going to be good.

Seriously, those trailers were really deceptive, weren't they?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(May 17, 2014 at 9:08 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(May 17, 2014 at 8:51 am)Sejanus Wrote: Too late. Damn the trailer, it made me think it was going to be good.

Seriously, those trailers were really deceptive, weren't they?

I know right, they pretty much put Bryan Cranston's dialogue for the whole movie in there.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Looks to damned video gameish for me anyway.
(May 17, 2014 at 10:03 am)Brian37 Wrote: Looks to damned video gameish for me anyway.

Nah, video games tend to have action and payoff. Godzilla just cuts away from all the action and feels like the director is laughing about that behind the scenes.

Let's face it,when it comes to 'blockbusters', there's literally fuck all coming out this summer

Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You lost, and everybody saw it, I'll beat you forever WinterHold 3 571 October 20, 2023 at 5:07 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  SPOILER ALERT: Black Mirror - Bandersnatch (Interactive Movie) GrandizerII 0 220 December 29, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Godzilla Short Animation Mechaghostman2 1 414 January 3, 2018 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  "The Arrival" (Spoiler Free(cause I haven't seen it)) Exian 40 4271 February 6, 2017 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Strigoi. Tonight. Yes!!! Oh...and some guy named Rick. Athene 16 2065 August 30, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  I saw this (non religious) video on Facebook and it made me angry Drich 74 11390 August 28, 2014 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Last Week Tonight Minimalist 0 841 July 14, 2014 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Maleficent Big Spoiler BrokenQuill92 16 2296 June 1, 2014 at 1:44 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  GODZILLA Gooders1002 8 1314 March 19, 2014 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Assimilate
  "Things I saw on Youtube" bennyboy 0 917 November 16, 2013 at 12:29 am
Last Post: bennyboy