Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Criticizing Islam is racist?
Criticizing Islam is racist?
This seems to come up if you ever critize Islam. To me this is patently absurd and small minded as I can name at least three different races off the top of my head that are commonly Muslim ( East Indian, Persian, Arabian). So where does this idea of critizing Islam being racist even come from? Its like being called racist against Hispanic people because I criticized Catholicism. So where did this idea come from, let alone gain ground?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: Criticizing Islam is racist?
Malcolm X noted ALL races participating in the Hadj. I guess it would never have occurred to me that Moslem zealots out converting the unwashed masses at sword point would have limited themselves that way.

Now the Mormons, on the other hand . . . .

(LOL!)
I hope not.

Fuck allah.

(I wonder what race he is?)
(May 19, 2014 at 10:16 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I hope not.

Fuck allah.

(I wonder what race he is?)

god is asgardian Bong
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(May 19, 2014 at 10:09 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: This seems to come up if you ever critize Islam. To me this is patently absurd and small minded ...
Wake up and smell the coffee. Calls of "racist" are intended to shut down debate.

It's because they can't debate, they have to smear and demonise you.

I mean, have you ever heard anyone mount a credible argument that Islam is a religion of peace? No, because the Muslims with the most credible interpretation of Islam are Osama bin Laden and Boko Haram. Moderate Muslims, and their liberal apologists, have no credible case that Islam is peaceful. Hence they have to shut you up.

It's rare that someone will actually listen to rational criticism of Islam. So, by all means try to educate people about the true nature of Islam, but understand that 99% of the time you're going to get called racist. It comes with the territory. You get used to it.
(May 19, 2014 at 10:30 pm)mralstoner Wrote: Wake up and smell the coffee. Calls of "racist" are intended to shut down debate.

It's because they can't debate, they have to smear and demonise you.
I think you might be right there, it's the same thing with islamophobia. Their muslims not spiders. What I find ironic about this is that the people often say criticizing islam is racist tend to multiculturalist liberals. The second group of people that would be rounded in a islamic republic.
Quote:I mean, have you ever heard anyone mount a credible argument that Islam is a religion of peace? No, because the Muslims with the most credible interpretation of Islam are Osama bin Laden and Boko Haram. Moderate Muslims, and their liberal apologists, have no credible case that Islam is peaceful. Hence they have to shut you up.
Same could be said for most religions as they are products of ignorance.
Quote:It's rare that someone will actually listen to rational criticism of Islam. So, by all means try to educate people about the true nature of Islam, but understand that 99% of the time you're going to get called racist. It comes with the territory. You get used to it.

I hope that will change.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
They thought the HIV-AIDS theory was racist too. The end result was not good for South Africa.
If it is coming from an Arab, then it is because racist translates to "Onsori" which originates from the word "Elements" (Onsor, in Arabic) and "Onsori" means "observation of different elements" or "notice of different elements" . This worked with race since there's black/white etc.... A translation problem really.

The term they are trying to look for is that "You have something against a group of people that belong to this religion" but doesn't result in Religious Discrimination. This is not the case, as an Atheist, you are speaking out against the religion which is really just "insulting the religion" which is similar to Blasphemy but not quite.....

There is Hadith that means "Those who curse the time of day, are insulting God"
When arabs argue and someone says "... f-king day ..." they just refer to the incident as "sabb el-din" which means "insulting the religion". This is actually saying "insulting god" with reference to that Haddith because god = religion, but it is extremely slang and really few people understand how this came to be. Tongue
Islam is not a race
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(May 20, 2014 at 2:38 am)progamz Wrote: If it is coming from an Arab, then it is because racist translates to "Onsori" which originates from the word "Elements" (Onsor, in Arabic) and "Onsori" means "observation of different elements" or "notice of different elements" . This worked with race since there's black/white etc.... A translation problem really.

The term they are trying to look for is that "You have something against a group of people that belong to this religion" but doesn't result in Religious Discrimination. This is not the case, as an Atheist, you are speaking out against the religion which is really just "insulting the religion" which is similar to Blasphemy but not quite.....

There is Hadith that means "Those who curse the time of day, are insulting God"
When arabs argue and someone says "... f-king day ..." they just refer to the incident as "sabb el-din" which means "insulting the religion". This is actually saying "insulting god" with reference to that Haddith because god = religion, but it is extremely slang and really few people understand how this came to be. Tongue

That is true , there is a difference between "Racist" and "Onsori" .

"Onsori" : An arabic word which means differentiating and discriminating between groups of people based on color, race, religion or culture.

Racism is only about race I think.
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exposing the Intellectual Bankruptcy of Atheists Criticizing Religion Delicate 500 108981 January 5, 2016 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How to be a racist Gooders1002 1 747 March 27, 2014 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: NoraBrimstone