Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:00 am

Poll: Who's gonna win?
This poll is closed.
Froch
40.00%
2 40.00%
Groves
20.00%
1 20.00%
Don't care
40.00%
2 40.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Froch vs Groves II
Froch vs Groves II
So this one's for the boxing fans out there.

Froch or Groves? Who's your pick?

I'm going for Groves on points. He got carried away in the first fight and tried to have a scrap with Froch, I don't think he'll be so stupid this time. If he boxes and keeps his distance he has the speed and skill to take Froch apart just like Andre Ward did. He might even get a stoppage. He has to play it smart though, if he tries to have a tear up again I can see him getting knocked out. Last time Froch didn't respect Groves, Groves needs to respect Froch still if he's going to get a win. I actually wanted Froch to win in the first fight but after the way he handled himself after the stoppage I'm actually in favour of Groves winning it.

Also what do people think of the build up? Personally I find them as cringeworthy as each other. It's like watching two kids try to have an argument. Neither really knows what to say and they both come across like fucking retards.
RE: Froch vs Groves II
I was always going for Froch. He has the body language of a champion (psychopathic arrogant prick), he has a fucking COBRA on his black shorts, black gloves... while Groves clings to a football team and a nationality for his identity on his blue and white frills.

That said, it was quite level before the BIG KNOCK OUT BLOW, yet again, the cobra struck and Groves couldn't get back up in time to look like he was still in this physical realm (never mind a boxing ring, tehe, not funny, move on, ok...).

But yes, it was tight til that point and the bookies had big Karl Karlston as a huge favourite right before the blow - so much so I think it might be rigged - so much so I actually had a bet on Groves for the sake of hedging but I mean jaysus, DID THE WHOLE WORLD NOT JUST GET CONNED believing he had a slither of a chance. Commentators fooled me to hedge in the end with their drivel.

All in all, Georgey boy, should not have wasted Cobras time with this rematch, but it's all about the big bucks and Groves is very good for a whiney little bitch salesman punching above his weight.

Oh, btw, Cobra at the end... propsed to his girl, then said but it aint official cause this night is his night and he still dreams of Vegas. Treat em mean, champion, champion, wants to go out in the limelight. He will likely get thumped by a superior black man and gamble and inject his life away afterwards and kill his hooker nearly-wife but at least it will be HIS BLAZE OF GLORY!

CARL COBRA - CHAMPION ALPHA MALE! NEVER IN DOUBT.

Edit: Oh yeah, your question regarding build-up - I think 99% of it is staged to sell tickets to the masses - I think the infamous "shove" was poor acting but the world wants division, the peoples wants the action.
(June 2, 2014 at 7:58 pm)naimless Wrote: I was always going for Froch. He has the body language of a champion (psychopathic arrogant prick), he has a fucking COBRA on his black shorts, black gloves... while Groves clings to a football team and a nationality for his identity on his blue and white frills.

Every damn boxer has that 'body language'. If they don't think they're the best then there's no point in them getting into the ring. And who gives a shit what his nick name is or what shorts he wears? You judge a fighter based on this?

Quote:That said, it was quite level before the BIG KNOCK OUT BLOW, yet again, the cobra struck and Groves couldn't get back up in time to look like he was still in this physical realm (never mind a boxing ring, tehe, not funny, move on, ok...).

What do you mean, yet again? Froch didn't knock him out in the last fight...

Quote:But yes, it was tight til that point and the bookies had big Karl Karlston as a huge favourite right before the blow - so much so I think it might be rigged - so much so I actually had a bet on Groves for the sake of hedging but I mean jaysus, DID THE WHOLE WORLD NOT JUST GET CONNED believing he had a slither of a chance. Commentators fooled me to hedge in the end with their drivel.

The fuck are you on about? It was one of the closest boxing matches you could get up until the one hit KO. Groves actually had his best round just before he got knocked out.

It played out the way it did because neither fighter wanted to take too many risks after the first fight. It was more tactical.

Quote:All in all, Georgey boy, should not have wasted Cobras time with this rematch, but it's all about the big bucks and Groves is very good for a whiney little bitch salesman punching above his weight.

You are an idiot. How can you say he should not have 'wasted his time' with this rematch? Did you even watch the first fight? Did you even watch this one? Groves has the ability to beat Froch, he gave him a pasting for 7 rounds in the first fight before it was prematurely stopped by the most ridiculous refereeing decision I've ever seen. In this fight he was with Froch all the way. Neither man had a significant advantage. It was one punch that ended it. One punch. It's not like Froch ever dominated Groves.

He thoroughly deserved his rematch. His own fault for not capitalising on his opportunities, sure. He got KO'd with a brilliant punch fair and square. But to say he should not have wasted his time? Are you on drugs or are you just saying these things to be annoying?

Quote:Oh, btw, Cobra at the end... propsed to his girl, then said but it aint official cause this night is his night and he still dreams of Vegas. Treat em mean, champion, champion, wants to go out in the limelight. He will likely get thumped by a superior black man and gamble and inject his life away afterwards and kill his hooker nearly-wife but at least it will be HIS BLAZE OF GLORY!

CARL COBRA - CHAMPION ALPHA MALE! NEVER IN DOUBT.

^ wtf is this? What's with the casual racism too?

Quote:Edit: Oh yeah, your question regarding build-up - I think 99% of it is staged to sell tickets to the masses - I think the infamous "shove" was poor acting but the world wants division, the peoples wants the action.

You don't say? Not like two boxers have ever had a feud to promote a fight before right? Facepalm
(June 2, 2014 at 8:55 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Every damn boxer has that 'body language'. If they don't think they're the best then there's no point in them getting into the ring. And who gives a shit what his nick name is or what shorts he wears? You judge a fighter based on this?

Yes, his general stance and posture is better than Groves. Hence why his big punches floor Groves. Groves doesn't even have a big punch in him, even if he did Carl wouldn't take it slouched with his head turned in the wrong direction.

(June 2, 2014 at 8:55 pm)Napoléon Wrote: What do you mean, yet again? Froch didn't knock him out in the last fight...

I don't believe he completely knocked him out in this fight either. Groves still got up in time if they counted it. Froch just knocked the clean shit out of him hard enough twice to make the fight stop yet again.

(June 2, 2014 at 8:55 pm)Napoléon Wrote: The fuck are you on about? It was one of the closest boxing matches you could get up until the one hit KO. Groves actually had his best round just before he got knocked out.

Yes that is what I am on about. Groves was actually the favourite in the commentators' eyes right before he got walloped, yet he was still the long shot with the bookies which means people were lumping it on Froch despite Groves in the ascendency. I bet on Groves to hedge my bets because it looked like a fairer fight than the odds he was given, but as soon as I bet on him he got put down. I believed the hype and I should not have.

(June 2, 2014 at 8:55 pm)Napoléon Wrote: You are an idiot. How can you say he should not have 'wasted his time' with this rematch? Did you even watch the first fight?

In terms of the sport of boxing, Froch has taken some of his years out of himelf by rematching the same opponent. Honestly the only reason was the location and the bucks, it was a waste of a boxing match though. I wish the ref had let the first one play on - Carl would have killed George with a few free shots.

(June 2, 2014 at 8:55 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Did you even watch this one? Groves has the ability to beat Froch, he gave him a pasting for 7 rounds in the first fight before it was prematurely stopped by the most ridiculous refereeing decision I've ever seen. In this fight he was with Froch all the way. Neither man had a significant advantage. It was one punch that ended it. One punch. It's not like Froch ever dominated Groves.

Whilst I agree with a lot of this, it's not like Groves ever dominated Froch. In the first fight, yes he got the upper hand and landed a sweet shot on Froch himself - however, as I mentioned before Froch can both take Groves best hit better, and land his own best hit better which Groves can't take as well. It is like a football (soccer) match. The teams are almost identical but at the end of the day Froch has a better goalkeeper and a better striker and they win 1-0 both times. Maybe the midfields never dominated eachother, maybe Groves has more possession in the first half. But the only way Groves is winning is if it stays level and gets decided by a judge.

(June 2, 2014 at 8:55 pm)Napoléon Wrote: He thoroughly deserved his rematch. His own fault for not capitalising on his opportunities, sure. He got KO'd with a brilliant punch fair and square. But to say he should not have wasted his time? Are you on drugs or are you just saying these things to be annoying?

No doubt Groves is still wanking and crying himself to sleep right now. And with good reason. He thought he should have won the first match, he thought he should have won a rematch and at the end of the day he was wrong twice. I wish the first match had played on as well so he realised it sooner. I'm enjoying life mate. I'm not sure what the fuck you are doing up in my grille though.

(June 2, 2014 at 8:55 pm)Napoléon Wrote: ^ wtf is this?

Celebrating the champion of boxing. Gotta celebrate the good times, even if they are undeserved, because you might not get a chance when you deserve it.

Carl's holdin the gold it's so gold it's so golden y'all
Golden Cobra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i_qxQztHRI

(June 2, 2014 at 8:55 pm)Napoléon Wrote: What's with the casual racism too?

Blacks are the superior race. And will forever be the best fighters. The serpent can only slither so far.
Another one for Big Carl here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmVAyVwx6lg

xoxo
You are very strange.
You're the only screw I can trust in this prison, Napoléon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw
this another one for big karl karlson xox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-UMwUdYXpU