Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shots from the Past: Service Members
Shots from the Past: Service Members
I was browsing youtube and for some reason landed on this video out of the blue, brought back some memories.

So as tribute to the days of old.

I'd like to say thank you to the other service members here.

I would also like to honor my father who passed away a few years ago, after slipping into a coma . . .

Mom said he never made it back from Vietnam, he was never the same.

He served 3rd Recon, United States Marine Corp, from behind enemy lines.

[Image: 2419xmd.jpg]

So thank you dad, and thank you guys who served.

Sincerely
[Image: 5wyykz.jpg]
[Image: o012qh.jpg]
Splinter

United States Army, 1st Battalion, 1-32 Infantry Regiment, 10th Mountain Division, 3rd Brigade Combat Team (SPARTANS), 2nd Platoon, Bravo Company.

Enduring Freedom
[Image: 2jcyf5t.jpg]
RE: Shots from the Past: Service Members
@ BlackSwordsman, sorry for your loss, a hero never dies they will live on in the honor of and for their country and family, I thank your father for his service and understand the difficulties of the Vietnam War years. Blessings upon you and your family.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Ahh yes, I have lost many friends in Iraq, Afghanistan, Middle East, and HOA.

My Uncle died last Christmas Eve, he was a Vietnam Vet as well.

Thanks to everyone that has served.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
Then:

[Image: sgqvqr.jpg]

[Image: 2rcu6mt.jpg]

... and now:

[Image: s4togg.jpg]

Somewhere, I have a few photos from my military service - I haven't seen them in a number of years, though I'm pretty sure my dad still has my platoon photo from basic training. I was so young back then, it seems like a lifetime ago.
I dont even know where mines are. I bet my mom has some. I barely wore the uniform while in anyways.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
I only wore BDUs; I was a firefighter. The Class A pic above is one of five or six times I wore that uniform in my four years.

I was a Satellite Communicator/Maintenance or 31S.

I wore BDUs then ACUs. I worked for different Orgs within the military, so we mainly wore Civis. Now, I am medically retired government contractor leech.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 685 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  How were past times so violent? Macoleco 17 1100 April 19, 2020 at 11:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] How do you get over your past mistakes? [Please Don't judge me] GODZILLA 12 1161 June 3, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Jeopardy categories where AF members are the answer Mr.Obvious 30 3092 March 29, 2019 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Star Wars fan film: Darth Vader: Episode 1 Shards ofthe Past Cepheus Ace 5 519 December 23, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: Maketakunai
  Tipping in the service industry Joods 104 4680 September 30, 2018 at 4:02 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Guest shots that might not go so well... Gawdzilla Sama 33 2640 August 22, 2018 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Forum members compatibilty thread ignoramus 154 20262 April 23, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Find out how much your fellow forum members are getting screwed Catholic_Lady 68 7237 April 13, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Do We Have AF Members in Spain (Who Might Want to Meet Us) Jenny A 3 1303 April 2, 2018 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: pocaracas