Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:52 am

Poll: I choose
This poll is closed.
The blue pill.
10.00%
2 10.00%
The red pill.
70.00%
14 70.00%
Fuck, just shoot me.
20.00%
4 20.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Red pill or blue?
Red pill or blue?
If you had a choice, would you take the blue pill or the red pill?

For those that don't get the reference, in the movie The Matrix, Morpheus reveals to Neo the truth of reality - mankind has been enslaved by intelligent machines, who farm humanity for metabolic energy. Those enslaved humans are kept in stasis, with a simulation called "The Matrix" imposed upon their psyche, which simulates an approximation of modern reality. Morpheus is a member of a relatively small group of humans who live in the real world, free of the artifice of the Matrix. After revealing to Neo the true nature of the world, he offers Neo a choice: take the red pill, and awaken in the real world, or the take the blue and awaken back in the Matrix, unaware of the nature of reality. Oh, and Morpheus reveals to Neo that he thinks Neo may be "The One", a messiah figure.

Later in the film, a disillusioned character named Cypher, who also lives in the dystopian reality, is offered a choice: betray the free humans and return to the happiness of the Matrix unaware of both the real world and his betrayal, or remain in the horrifying reality of the real world.

Put yourself in the place of both characters. How do you choose?

[Image: 5f4287312450.png]
RE: Red pill or blue?
Always prefer reality over the pacifier of delusion.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 15, 2014 at 12:15 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Always prefer reality over the pacifier of delusion.

That's my initial reaction as well. HOWEVER... When push comes to shove - I am not always so sure. The allure of something better, easier... it's tempting, and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't.
Maybe I need to watch the movie. I'm not sure I understand the choices...
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 15, 2014 at 12:26 am)Losty Wrote: Maybe I need to watch the movie. I'm not sure I understand the choices...

I'll admit that I was hammered when I wrote the OP (still am! LOL) so perhaps it's not as coherent as I'd like.

Definitely watch the movie though - there's some deep undertones to it. The sequels suck, though.
What does the guy in the movie pick?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 15, 2014 at 12:34 am)Losty Wrote: What does the guy in the movie pick?

Losty, you've never seen the Matrix? Homework, young lady!

Leave it to the Ohioans...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I don't know... The last time someone offered me a pill it didn't go so well...
I'll pass.
(June 15, 2014 at 12:28 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I'll admit that I was hammered when I wrote the OP (still am! LOL) so perhaps it's not as coherent as I'd like.

Definitely watch the movie though - there's some deep undertones to it. The sequels suck, though.

They really do.

(June 15, 2014 at 12:34 am)Losty Wrote: What does the guy in the movie pick?
Watch it and find out.

I'd like to think I would take the red pill, but I'm not sure if I would if I was in that situation.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Pill Dating Theory? FrustratedFool 143 6303 August 30, 2023 at 6:11 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Debunking the myth about Red Shirts Amarok 20 1178 February 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Which is grammatically more right - "red new car" or "new red car" ErGingerbreadMandude 55 6869 January 24, 2018 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Code Blue... Gawdzilla Sama 14 1040 October 27, 2017 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  For Red Dwarf fans: uncut versions robvalue 37 2479 December 27, 2016 at 4:52 am
Last Post: robvalue
Information How Rimmer saves Red Dwarf Aractus 0 947 March 16, 2016 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Gas Sation Blessing Haz Tasty Splashing Red Fruit Punch Gatorade Edwardo Piet 16 2452 January 10, 2016 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  For Red vs. Blue Fans Amalynne0 1 941 July 21, 2014 at 5:03 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Thai Red Curry recipes or recommendations Clueless Morgan 8 1982 July 14, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Suddenly red is my favorite color. Brian37 9 3077 October 9, 2013 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37