Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wouldn't it be funny...
Wouldn't it be funny...
I remember watching a movie when I was a kid... I don't remember what it was called, but my mom and I used to watch the Twilight Zone and scary movies on cable... I think on Friday nights, but I don't remember for sure.

Anyway, this one particular movie stands out. It was about a family who lived in a nice house with nice things. One day, they wake up, go through their usual routine, and then they can't leave the house. All available exits are closed off by mysterious metal walls. Then, they start over-heating. It just gets hotter and hotter, and (as my fuzzy memory recalls), they start melting. Then some weird slime starts invading their house. The twist at the end was that they were the family in a little girl's dollhouse, and her little brother boxed the dollhouse in, left it next to the heater, walked away, and meanwhile he had left a chocolate bar on top of or around the house: the slime. Basically, the little girl was their god, but the brother, when she wasn't looking, took control.

Whenever I think of a deistic god, I think of that movie, of which so many concepts are vivid to me, but I can't remember even its name. Wouldn't it be funny if it turned out we were all just some little girl's imaginary world and we're at the mercy of her stupid little brother?

Ok, yeah. I'm pretty stoned.

Also, I might have stuck this in the wrong forum. I wouldn't be offended if a mod wanted to move it somewhere more appropriate.
RE: Wouldn't it be funny...
That would explain a lot!
That's terrifying actually.
I'm pretty sure it'd be funnier if I was as stoned right now Tongue
Wow, I'm going to have to research that. That sounds like a really episode of... whatever.. :p

Do you remember if it was older? Like B&W, 50s style clothes, etc...?
(June 15, 2014 at 12:24 pm)LostLocke Wrote: Wow, I'm going to have to research that. That sounds like a really episode of... whatever.. :p

Do you remember if it was older? Like B&W, 50s style clothes, etc...?

Nope. Oh Word found it for me. It's from 1984 called Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense: Child's Play.

Thanks Oh Word!
Kind of an update of 5 Characters in Search of an Exit.

Only with 'melting', LOL!
Ah ha! It was British.

We did have some horror/fantasy anthology in the States at that same time. I'll have to give that series a little look-see. Wink
(June 15, 2014 at 3:37 pm)LostLocke Wrote: Ah ha! It was British.

We did have some horror/fantasy anthology in the States at that same time. I'll have to give that series a little look-see. Wink

I'm from the States, so you're right!
Glad you found it - Hammer rules! I have the entire series of Hammer House of Horror, a similar series from around 1980, with some really creepy instalments (one of which features a very young Pierce Brosnan, back when he still had an Irish accent). One of my favourites has Denholm "Marcus Brody" Elliott as a chartered surveyor who continually wakes from one nightmare straight into another, until he finally has no idea what's real and what isn't; but still murders his shrewish wife in favour of his hot secretary anyway, just as characters in the dreams had told him he shouldn't have done.

Then there's one which really gave me nightmares for many, many years as a child, involving evil doppelgängers from some twin dimension killing and replacing their original in this world.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Holy crap! I just watched the whole movie, and as low budget and B-grade as it is, I can definitely see why it stuck with me. Sorry I spoiled it for you guys.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny video - Saturday Night Live - teen thanks god during thanksgiving Ferrocyanide 4 769 November 7, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Dumbass - Funny stuff from the Bible Ferrocyanide 12 1259 October 26, 2021 at 10:56 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can fundamentalists be funny? Fake Messiah 15 1639 August 26, 2020 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I wouldn’t be a Christian robvalue 115 10437 November 11, 2018 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3231 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Too Funny! Minimalist 14 2468 November 23, 2017 at 6:59 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Isn't it funny... pabsta 189 55872 August 21, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Funny Highlights from Ken Ham vs Bill Nye Salty Science 7 2271 January 27, 2017 at 9:20 am
Last Post: brewer
  Almost Too Funny For Words Minimalist 9 2911 November 4, 2015 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Funny bible thumper on the comments on this video Cholley71 0 882 May 28, 2013 at 4:08 am
Last Post: Cholley71