Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Being a Literal Blind Date
Being a Literal Blind Date
1. I do not want discuss my blindness on a first date

2. The phrases "I've never dated a blind chick, this awesome." "You're pretty for a blind girl." "This will totally broaden my horizon." Will result in immediate termination of our date.

3. Deep breaths. I can tell the difference between ignorance and being an ass. I won't take offense if you say something stupid.

4. I'm not made of china.

5. Words related to sight are still
apart of my vocabulary.

6. You do not need to slow down your walking pace when I'm holding on to your arm

7. For those us blindies who can't read a Braille menu I will usually have an request for chicken, fish, or salad. It saves time instead of reading the whole menu to me.

8. Do not speak for me if wait staff directs my order towards you.

9. I'm sorry in advance if I trip you, hit, or knock over I'm a klutz as well as blind

10. There is an ever pervasive myth that blind people don't care about looks. THIS IS A LIE! If you want to date because you think you can skimp on taking care of yourself or you're lying to me and you're not what I'm looking for as far as looks go we will have issues.

11. If you're gonna tease me about my blindness Helen Keller, Stevie Wonder, and Ray Charles jokes are over used and boring

12. I would rather ask for help first. Yes I know it's silly and prideful but just let have this okay?

13. It is okay to ask if I need help and just because I turn you down on this occasion doesn't mean I will bite your head off for asking. (Well I might on a really downer day. Sorry in advance!)

14. At some point I will call you in tears because I've gotten lost (this only happens to me because I'm a derp. Other blind girls are not derps who start crying like puppies when they get lost in public)

15. The tip will pop off my cane and you will have awkwardly scramble for it (Sorry)

16. I will say "sorry" and "excuse me" a LOT (again this is just me cuz I'm a derp)

17. I will hug/kiss someone in greeting I thought was you at least once (more than likely in front of you. Again sorry)

18. I will accidentally sit on your pets at least once (Sorry)
RE: Being a Literal Blind Date
That's a lot of rules.

Most guys don't have the attention span for that.
Then you'll probably say something dumb or be boring

If your attention span is so small then I don't have time for anyone that stupid
Just think how many unfeeling idiots you find out about sooner than the rest of us. A bad relationship escaped is a bad relationship escaped.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Crap. So I still have to comb my hair and make sure my shirt matches my shorts? There are just certain advantages I would expect to have when dating a blind woman.

Then again, it might tip her off that something is wrong when some other person asks if I lost my comb recently.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Yeah sorry people I'm actually a girl and a human to boot which means working eyes or no looks matter
(June 15, 2014 at 5:04 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: 2. The phrases "I've never dated a blind chick, this awesome." "You're pretty for a blind girl." "This will totally broaden my horizon." Will result in immediate termination of our date.

What about just "I've never dated a blind person before" with the intention of implying an apology in advance for anything stupid I might say?

(June 15, 2014 at 5:04 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: 4. I'm not made of china.

Will you be mad if I treat you as such? It's my instinct to treat all people who are in unfamiliar situations with me (by which I mean: unfamiliar situations that are unfamiliar because I'm there) as if they're made of china.

(June 15, 2014 at 5:04 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: 5. Words related to sight are still
apart of my vocabulary.

I tend not to use them around blind people because I think it might be seen in a negative light. If you don't think so, expect me to use them more often, but still show major restraint. Note: By "tend not to use them", I mean I avoid them like I avoid someone who's holding a flaming sword in one hand and a shotgun in the other. Sometimes I take an unwilling step toward that person, but, most of the time, I stay away.

(June 15, 2014 at 5:04 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: 6. You do not need to slow down your walking pace when I'm holding on to your arm

Given that I can walk faster than some people can run, I really do. Wink
To put this into numbers, let's just say that, 5 years ago, my legs were approximately one meter long.

(June 15, 2014 at 5:04 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: 7. For those us blindies who can't read a Braille menu I will usually have an request for chicken, fish, or salad. It saves time instead of reading the whole menu to me.

I don't mind reading the entire menu five times as long as you choose the thing you like most on the menu. Five's my limit, though. Six is just too much. Tongue

(June 15, 2014 at 5:04 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: 10. There is an ever pervasive myth that blind people don't care about looks. THIS IS A LIE! If you want to date because you think you can skimp on taking care of yourself or you're lying to me and you're not what I'm looking for as far as looks go we will have issues.

Sometimes I don't shave for several weeks because I feel sadder than usual or just due to laziness. I don't like to comb my hair either, but it still looks fucking amazing that way, IMO. When I do comb it, I use hair gel to make it stand up all spiky, because that's how I like it. Unfortunately, the gods cursed me with hair that's somewhat soft when short, then gets semi-curly when it gets long.

(June 15, 2014 at 5:04 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: 12. I would rather ask for help first. Yes I know it's silly and prideful but just let have this okay?

13. It is okay to ask if I need help and just because I turn you down on this occasion doesn't mean I will bite your head off for asking. (Well I might on a really downer day. Sorry in advance!)

I'm not sure what to make of this.

(June 15, 2014 at 5:04 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: 14. At some point I will call you in tears because I've gotten lost (this only happens to me because I'm a derp. Other blind girls are not derps who start crying like puppies when they get lost in public)

As long as you don't mind if I call you, should I get lost, that's alright.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
Okay, most of these seem pretty obvious. I do have one question though. #11 what are the good blind jokes? Big Grin

Also, why are we picking on Minimalist? Sad
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 15, 2014 at 5:54 pm)Losty Wrote: Also, why are we picking on Minimalist? Sad

One ambiguously mean post aimed at Minimalist, and "we" are "picking on" Minimalist?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
(June 15, 2014 at 5:57 pm)One Above All Wrote:
(June 15, 2014 at 5:54 pm)Losty Wrote: Also, why are we picking on Minimalist? Sad

One ambiguously mean post aimed at Minimalist, and "we" are "picking on" Minimalist?
What are you talking about? I'm just fucking with BQ because I loooove her.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  this is it up date! Drich 2 508 June 3, 2020 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Which one would you rather be: Deaf or Blind? Omnicidal 41 5073 January 3, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  I need some good first date questions Seraphina 86 10385 October 5, 2017 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Should I Tell Them I'm Blind? Rhondazvous 6 1042 January 24, 2017 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Dating - Could you date a religious person? Regina 48 7654 November 8, 2016 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Elskidor
  So I asked a guy out on a date... SteelCurtain 29 2749 May 9, 2016 at 12:29 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Would you date a Muslim? KUSA 50 7298 December 2, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Would you date a christian? Catholic_Lady 85 12122 December 2, 2015 at 2:31 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Ask A Blind Girl!: The Reboot BrokenQuill92 44 7855 May 2, 2014 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Ask A Blind Girl! BrokenQuill92 26 6511 December 31, 2013 at 5:40 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92