Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Famously,
Famously,
in 1968, Lyndon Johnson listened to Walter Cronkite denounce the Vietnam war and said "if I've lost Cronkite, I've lost Middle America."

Today....it seems that Bush the Dumber has the same problem with Pat Robertson, of all people.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/16/pa...-of-goods/

Quote:“And so to sell the American people on weapons of mass destruction, he had WMD and was getting [concentrated uranium] yellowcake out of Africa and all of that, it was a lot of nonsense,” the TV preacher said. “We were sold a bill of goods, we should never have gone into that country!”

“As bad as Saddam Hussein was, he held those warring factions in check, and he contained those radical Islamists,” he continued. “Fix it, no? It’s too late to fix it. It’s unfixable. Those simmering animosities have been there for centuries.”

Of course, he wouldn't be a nutty jesus freak if he didn't go off the rails at the end.

Quote:In the end, Robertson reckoned that there would be conflict in Iraq until an Antichrist appeared before the Second Coming of Christ.
RE: Famously,
I'd like to know if Robertson is praying for an antichrist to give the people of that region peace. Pretty fucked up which ever way he answers that one.
So which god was it that Dubya and this buffoon were praying to, who decided not to tell them that it was a bad idea until twelve fucking years had passed?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
God is a tad slow.
(June 16, 2014 at 4:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: God is a tad slow.

And apparently not in the sense of "tardy".
Right.
(June 16, 2014 at 4:12 pm)Tonus Wrote: So which god was it that Dubya and this buffoon were praying to, who decided not to tell them that it was a bad idea until twelve fucking years had passed?

Dick Cheney.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Meh, Robertson is practically an atheist himself. He uses the wrong bible, doesn't preach inerrency, and he gets a boner whenever some widow sends him a check for her net worth.
So does the fucking pope.
I believe the pope has to have a little boy in his lap for the boner to arise . . .