Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What am I? Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, or Independent?
What am I? Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, or Independent?
These are my position:
Abortion: I am pro life.

Capital punishment: I am against it.

Gay Marriage: Indifferent....What ever the people decide.

Gun Control: Indifferent....What ever the people decide.

Drugs: should be de-criminalized.

Healthcare: Against Obamacare, Against Single payer, no problem with government building hospitals, hiring/training health care and/or contracting with health care providers to provide health care to anyone who wants it for no cost. However a private health care market should not be restricted.

Safety Nets: Social security, unemployment benefits, food stamps, house assistance, heating assistance, WIC, etc. Should all be eliminated and replaced with a universal basic income.

Minimum wage: there should be none.

Discrimination laws: people and businesses should be free to discriminate. They should be able to hire and fire whoever they want, when ever they want for any reason.

Taxes: Should be progressive, Code should be simplified. Corporations should only be taxed on retained earnings, dividends should be taxed at individual rates instead.

Subsidies: There should be no subsidies.

Military spending: Not opposed to cutting it, but we should have the best military in the world.....hands down.

Environment: Not opposed to a cap and trade system depending on the details. EPA is a net good.

Regulation: should be minimal.

Bailouts: there should be none.

Education: There should be a voucher system.

Student Loans: Should not be subsidized by the government and should be able to be discharged in bankruptcy.

Unions: Government employees should not be able to unionize, private employees should be able to.

Feel free to ask about anything else.

Now given these stated positions....where would you pigeon hole me?
RE: What am I? Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, or Independent?
***calculating***

Print: Troll
(June 21, 2014 at 2:13 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: ***calculating***

Print: Troll

Apparently you are too much of a moron to realize the question was about my political leanings....not my behavior in the forum.
Way to prove me wrong, dumbass.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 21, 2014 at 2:27 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Way to prove me wrong, dumbass.

I didn't prove you wrong. I proved you are an idiot.
Oh, Heywood. The point of your thread is obvious.

What's also obvious is that you're a troll and no one gives the smallest fuck about what political party you identify with.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 21, 2014 at 2:44 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Oh, Heywood. The point of your thread is obvious.

What's also obvious is that you're a troll and no one gives the smallest fuck about what political party you identify with.

Again you prove yourself to be a retard. I have not identified myself with a political party. I am curious as to what party the readers think I should identify myself with given those stated positions.

Now if you don't care, about any of this that is fine. Be a good little retard and go play silently with your stupid dog instead of using this thread to troll me.
Perhaps political parties with roots stretching nearly a century or more have failed to keep up with our changing societal awareness. Is it so surprising that antiques aren't offering you any modern conveniences (by way of analogy)?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 21, 2014 at 3:05 am)Rhythm Wrote: Perhaps political parties with roots stretching nearly a century or more have failed to keep up with our changing societal awareness. Is it so surprising that antiques aren't offering you any modern conveniences (by way of analogy)?

I blame the voting system not the parties.

I often wonder how things would have turned out if we did instant run-off elections.

Clinton would not have been elected, nor Bush jr, under such a system. I am an advocate for alternative votes or instant run off elections.
You are clearly republican with some variations. I suspect you will always vote republican.

My problem with your view is that it is inherently accepting of the failure of our system. For example, the Market based health care system we have today is pretty much a failure. we need to change it. No questions about it. I personally think the best method is an extension of medicare to everyone which means a single payer system.

The problem I have with your "abortion" stance is that it is a religious stance. Not a life and death issue.

universal wage? Interesting, I would have to see what it entails to have an opinion on that, but social security, medicare, food stamps has been good for this country. It has prevented massive poverty in this country and to eliminate those programs harms the economy and the US.

I am sorry, but regulations are necessary. Corporations are inherently corrupt.

Vouchers system is part of what is degrading our education system. The more it comes under private control, the more they will shortcut the students and degrade education in this country. It is and will continue our country's race to the bottom.

I do support bailouts in special cases, but there should be a much larger cost to the stockholders and executives of those businesses. After all, the stockholders re the one that voted in an incompetent board and should pay for the results of their management.

Corporations should pay taxes on their earnings. Non american corporations should not be allowed to perform government contracts. Taxes need to include all earnings regardless of where the earnings lie. There isn't any problem with a tax credit for taxes paid in the country of earnings, but taxes should include all earnings of US corporations.

Gay marriage is a right. I keep in mind that our constitution is pretty clear. The right to pursue happiness. We don't have to agree with it, but it is a right constitutionally.

Gun control I support because we have proven records that show that it works. Perfect example is Australia.

Subsidies can be a good thing. Sometimes when we are ready to move in our society and there is an initial heavy investment cost. (example might be building "electric pumps" to make electric cars more viable). etc But once that initial investment is completed and the industry has moved forward subsidies should be stopped. Perfect example is the oil subsidies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1561 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 751 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 283 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1152 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  If your senator is Republican... Gawdzilla Sama 5 591 October 5, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1071 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Independent Voters on the trump presidency Joods 31 2643 October 18, 2018 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 627 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The Iowa Republican Party platform. Jehanne 14 1444 August 20, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Republican advisor made a woman a sex slave Rev. Rye 67 8040 April 12, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye