Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone on Goodreads?
Anyone on Goodreads?
Sean Strnad. Let's trade book recommendations! Smile
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: Anyone on Goodreads?
Who is that guy? Angel?
There's one book I have been meaning to read for years - Milton's Paradise Lost.

So I am in this bookshop with my parents (visiting) and my daughter and there on the display are 2 copies. The first one is a manageable sized version, a sort of basic one that's 20 euros.

Next to it is this magnificent version with the Gustave Dore illustrations. I'm thinking - hmmm that's gonna be pricey and I start flicking through the pages. Its fabulous - I mean really fabulous- not all that practical to hold and read but its a real collectors piece. After a while I flick it over to glance at the price - expecting north of 70 euros or more.

15 Euros!!!!! WTF?

15? For this? Are they completely insane?

I checked with the assistant - he confirmed, I bought.

The only problem now is - I don't want to make a mess of it reading it. Its totally immaculate. Fuck!
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
I can't pimp my book outside Area 69, but it's coming out in two days! Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(June 23, 2014 at 6:35 am)Esquilax Wrote: I can't pimp my book outside Area 69, but it's coming out in two days! Tongue

You wrote a book? Illustrated it? That's dope dude I'm going to check out Area 69 right now.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(June 23, 2014 at 6:37 am)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:
(June 23, 2014 at 6:35 am)Esquilax Wrote: I can't pimp my book outside Area 69, but it's coming out in two days! Tongue

You wrote a book? Illustrated it? That's dope dude I'm going to check out Area 69 right now.

I wrote some erotica, yeah. Tongue

I think the cover is floating around A69 somewhere, but I'll be making a thread for it soon, too. It'll be out on the 25th, for those who're interested. Wink
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(June 23, 2014 at 6:03 am)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Sean Strnad. Let's trade book recommendations! Smile

I am.....

Just finished reading Dan Wells....very funny.
People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned.
Richard Dawkins, "The God Delusion"
Chistopher Hitchens, "God Is Not Great"
Victor Stenger, "The New Atheism"
Victor Stenger, "God The Failed Hypothesis"
Sam Harris "The End Of Faith"
Sam Harris "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Ayaan Hersi Ali "Infidel"
James Haught "2000 Years of Disbelief"
George Orwell, "Animal Farm"
George Orwell, "1984"