Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus brought a science
Jesus brought a science
Do you accept the teaching of Jesus to be a science. Let's call it the science of self/life/light.

I hold that conviction with pleasure, for it is the truth!

May ye all receive Gods spirit (which is a good thing btw)
RE: Jesus brought a science
You can call a pig a rose, but it won't make it one.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(June 29, 2014 at 1:00 am)Jenny A Wrote: You can call a pig a rose, but it won't make it one.

That's why one with faith commands a mountain to move and it will obey.

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
(June 29, 2014 at 1:02 am)Knowledge of God Wrote:
(June 29, 2014 at 1:00 am)Jenny A Wrote: You can call a pig a rose, but it won't make it one.

That's why one with faith commands a mountain to move and it will obey.

Goodie. I live near Mt. Hood. Let's see it move.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(June 29, 2014 at 12:58 am)Knowledge of God Wrote: Do you accept the teaching of Jesus to be a science. Let's call it the science of self/life/light.

Sciences are self correcting when parts of them are found to be in error. Would you accept any changes to the words attributed to Jesus? Dodgy

Oh, and by the way, I say "attributed" rather than something more direct because you can't even demonstrate that Jesus existed.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(June 29, 2014 at 1:04 am)Jenny A Wrote:
(June 29, 2014 at 1:02 am)Knowledge of God Wrote: That's why one with faith commands a mountain to move and it will obey.

Goodie. I live near Mt. Hood. Let's see it move.

Be creative, throw an airplane into some building or something.
(June 29, 2014 at 1:09 am)Knowledge of God Wrote:
(June 29, 2014 at 1:04 am)Jenny A Wrote: Goodie. I live near Mt. Hood. Let's see it move.

Be creative, throw an airplane into some building or something.

No, no, no. YOU have faith. I don't. Let's see that mountain move.
(June 29, 2014 at 1:10 am)Jenny A Wrote:
(June 29, 2014 at 1:09 am)Knowledge of God Wrote: Be creative, throw an airplane into some building or something.

No, no, no. YOU have faith. I don't. Let's see that mountain move.

Sorry, I'm not serving man.
Faith. Easy to profess. But do you act on it?
(June 29, 2014 at 1:11 am)Knowledge of God Wrote:
(June 29, 2014 at 1:10 am)Jenny A Wrote: No, no, no. YOU have faith. I don't. Let's see that mountain move.

Sorry, I'm not serving man.
That's too bad because, Jesus, "said to them, 'If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all.' "
Mark 9:35

You can find a verse for just about anything in the Bible. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Observational Science vs. Historical Science?! Duke Guilmon 8 3366 April 27, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical