Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:16 am

Poll: When I look at those pictures feel:-
This poll is closed.
Nothing at all, it's photoshop.
26.67%
4 26.67%
Oddly uncomfortable
53.33%
8 53.33%
F*** you for making me see that!
20.00%
3 20.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trypophobia
Trypophobia
Discovered this today and found it interesting. Trypophobia is the fear of holes. Specifically the fear of small holes in irregular clusters. How odd, I thought, why should small holes in irregular clusters provoke any kind of visceral reaction?

Then I looked for some photos. They are photoshops of lotus flower seedpods imposed onto skin. Not gross, just... Odd.

And I felt a bit queasy! Which considering that I've seen and done things in my job which would make most people hurl throw up is unusual! I mean it's not gory or nasty, just incongruous. Shouldn't provoke any reaction at all!

Anyone else feel that or is it just me?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
RE: Trypophobia
I feel highly odd. Not only does she look like she has a really gross skin condition-- she also looks like a lizard Tongue

We all have fear mechanisms built into us for survival, don't we?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
The ones over the nipple are particularly disconcerting. Looks like something has laid eggs in her.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(June 29, 2014 at 3:42 pm)Jenny A Wrote: The ones over the nipple are particularly disconcerting. Looks like something has laid eggs in her.

There's a few Facebook statuses which say exactly that. It's not, it's just this

But I LIKE holes in skin! I cut hpv 1 growths out of people regularly and that leaves a hole! That doesn't freak me one atom. Pulled maggots out of ulcers. I've amputated gangrenous toes. !

I think it's because there's no inflammation so it doesn't look like a foreign body.
Sith code
To me it looks natural yeah. But the nipple one I could hardly look at because I thought it was a bruise on a leg with the overlay. Grossed me out beyond words Tongue
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

Ha ha! Blind girl is blind and can't be grossed out by your uber weirdness! I win!
Cute little blind girl won this round.. indeed. Heart

Can't say they really bother me. Looks like a painful skin condition, but I've certainly seen worse.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(June 29, 2014 at 4:29 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Ha ha! Blind girl is blind and can't be grossed out by your uber weirdness! I win!

Like a boss!
Sith code
My other half suffers from this quite badly and the recent FB pics have fruited her right out! Phishing scams suck.
Sum ergo sum