Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Lite
Atheist Lite
Hey, everyone. I'm a religious "mutt," fortunate enough to have had parents who thought their way out of pretty strict religious upbringings. They did the hard work so I get the luxury of being free of all of that; no de-conversion story here. So I moved to The Deep South, where atheists are well understood and highly regarded. Oh, wait... maybe not.

Most of the time I don't care that much about religion or lack thereof. Live and let live, right? But occasionally some chucklehead hangs his church's "laws" in a courtroom that has power over everyone in the area. Or I get asked in a job interview what church I attend. Or some unhinged wingnut tries to get the local School Board to "teach the controversy" in science classes. *sigh* So what should be a non-issue becomes an issue and steam comes out of my ears.

Mostly I'm here following bread crumbs left by a friend. *waves* No goals, really, except to learn. Oh, and to use every one of the smilies, possibly in the same post. (*kidding*)
RE: Atheist Lite
Hello. Hope you enjoy the forum.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(July 5, 2014 at 9:04 am)Tim Wrote: Hey, everyone. I'm a religious "mutt," fortunate enough to have had parents who thought their way out of pretty strict religious upbringings. They did the hard work so I get the luxury of being free of all of that; no de-conversion story here. So I moved to The Deep South, where atheists are well understood and highly regarded. Oh, wait... maybe not.

Most of the time I don't care that much about religion or lack thereof. Live and let live, right? But occasionally some chucklehead hangs his church's "laws" in a courtroom that has power over everyone in the area. Or I get asked in a job interview what church I attend. Or some unhinged wingnut tries to get the local School Board to "teach the controversy" in science classes. *sigh* So what should be a non-issue becomes an issue and steam comes out of my ears.

Mostly I'm here following bread crumbs left by a friend. *waves* No goals, really, except to learn. Oh, and to use every one of the smilies, possibly in the same post. (*kidding*)

Asked in an interview? Church laws in courtroom? Where I live that's illegal

Welcome to the forum Big Grin
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

May the force be with you!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Welcome, welcome.
Take a load off and enjoy this fine corner of the web.
That "deep south" sounds almost like a theocracy. I'm glad most of Europe is free from those kinds of people.
Atheist Lite!

Now with 50% less calories than Original Atheist!

Sorry, couldn't resist...
*waves*
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Hey Tim!

Good to have join us.

Liking your religious views - Meh! I'm feeling that today! Dodgy

[Image: ctmwelcome_e0.gif]
[Image: graphics-rain-426733.gif]

Greetings, O Tim.
Welcome! Want a biscuit?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan