Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spire Comics...
Spire Comics...
I'm sure most of you have heard of Chick Tracts. But did you know that around the same time Jack Chick was going from standard fire-and-brimstone ideology to the completely tin-foil hat batshittery, Archie Comics was licensing their characters to another Christian comic book publisher?

Some of the comic books are reprinted here.
Here are some of my favorites:
The Gospel Blimp-a church group buys a blimp and spreads the message of Jesus by littering, noise pollution, and television hijacking.
Hal Lindsey's There's a New World Coming- Three teens fall into a vortex and go over Christian Eschatology.
"Christ is the unfathomable source that keeps every atom from literally exploding!"
Hansi, the Girl that Loved the Swastika- Have you ever read Eric Hoffer's The True Believer? Hansi is the walking, talking epitome of Hoffer's ideas in that book; she seems to go from a fanatical Nazi to a fanatical Christian and American patriot, and displaying as little intelligence as possible.
Archie's Date Book- A standard Archie Story with a Christian moral taking up the second half of the comic. And Betty, despite normally being the most sensible one in the comics, is the lead Christian here.
Archie's Something Else- A Bomb scare somehow manages to highlight how wholesome and, ultimately, uninteresting Riverdale really is.

I'd love to see what Linkara would do to these comics.

Anybody else got any opinion?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.