Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would the world be better off if we all died?
would the world be better off if we all died?
I think so because life is pretty pointless, just work to go home and rest and work again. and I HATE those kids who have near death experience and talk about being in heaven I wish we could stomp their faces in. I used to believe in heaven but now I realize its all delusional bullshit and life sucks too much and no heaven could make up for it and more or less everyone on the planet is pretty much a douchebag so there's no way we are made in gods image (unless god too is a douchebag). people try to act all nice but the only thing keeping people in check is fear of punishment.

Also I agree now with the atheist view on heaven - the concept of heaven is complete bullshit! It would suck to live forever, even at my age I feel like I've lived too long and am looking forward to just getting out of this crappy world. Imagine having to be forced to live for all eternity, even if it was perfect it would still get boring as hell.

I think not existing is the best heaven and better than life on this planet or better than life ever could be in jesus land. Also considering how much pollution humans create and ruin the environment the planet would be better off without humans as well.

Also after all the bullshit in the last several years theres no way i can be convinced god exists and if i have one more person give me that "none can fathom" or "everything happens for a reason" line I will blow a head gasket. those lines worked on me when I was 16 and kept trying to convince myself, but after seeing life for 20 more years after that its all complete BS and I wish we could just execute every youth minister/pastor on this planet so no kid has to go through the hell i went through.
RE: would the world be better off if we all died?
No. No. No. Again no.

I like living and I'm very human-centric. Can you define Poe?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(July 19, 2014 at 1:12 pm)Jextin Wrote: I think so because life is pretty pointless, just work to go home and rest and work again. and I HATE those kids who have near death experience and talk about being in heaven I wish we could stomp their faces in. I used to believe in heaven but now I realize its all delusional bullshit and life sucks too much and no heaven could make up for it and more or less everyone on the planet is pretty much a douchebag so there's no way we are made in gods image (unless god too is a douchebag). people try to act all nice but the only thing keeping people in check is fear of punishment.

Also I agree now with the atheist view on heaven - the concept of heaven is complete bullshit! It would suck to live forever, even at my age I feel like I've lived too long and am looking forward to just getting out of this crappy world. Imagine having to be forced to live for all eternity, even if it was perfect it would still get boring as hell.

I think not existing is the best heaven and better than life on this planet or better than life ever could be in jesus land. Also considering how much pollution humans create and ruin the environment the planet would be better off without humans as well.

Also after all the bullshit in the last several years theres no way i can be convinced god exists and if i have one more person give me that "none can fathom" or "everything happens for a reason" line I will blow a head gasket. those lines worked on me when I was 16 and kept trying to convince myself, but after seeing life for 20 more years after that its all complete BS and I wish we could just execute every youth minister/pastor on this planet so no kid has to go through the hell i went through.

So...to prove religionists wrong, you want to kill them? Sorry you're hurting, mate, but it's atheists like you who give the rest of us a bad name.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Sometimes I feel down like that...then I get laid and I feel all better.

Try it.
If religion was a problem for you Jextin, and atheism isn't working out so well either, I'd recommend trying Penis Worship for a year and then step back and evaluate things again.

If you're around 60, don't shave your body hair, and maybe look a little like Sam Elliot, I can even help with it.

Tongue
Okay, I'm not sure how serious to take this post but I'm going to take it seriously just for the sake of argument. The world would not be better off without humans because without us nobody would be around to have any experience. 'The world' is an abstract concept. The planet has no consciousness of it's own. It doesn't matter to it whether or not we are alive or dead, whether or not the world is polluted or not. The arguments against pollution isn't for a better existence for an abstract concept called 'the planet' it's so humans can have a better life on that planet.

Specifically what made me want to reply is this :
(July 19, 2014 at 1:12 pm)Jextin Wrote: I think so because life is pretty pointless, just work to go home and rest and work again.

That doesn't make life as a general concept pointless. It just makes your life pointless if that's all you do. Here is the thing though, you can do something about it. You can quit your job and spend your time doing something meaningful. The thing is that you can't do it while working full time unless your job is meaningful (chances are it is not.) You can quit your job, sell all the crap that you have collected (it's pointless) and actually do something with your life. It is within your power to change and actually create your own meaning in life, you just aren't doing it. So rather than whine and say it's all pointless you can make an actual point of your life.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(July 19, 2014 at 1:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Sometimes I feel down like that...then I get laid and I feel all better.

Try it.

Getting laid can make you feel better about anything, I think your argument it's unfair
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(July 19, 2014 at 1:12 pm)Jextin Wrote: I think so because life is pretty pointless, just work to go home and rest and work again.
Damn. You don't even play Angry Birds on your smartphone to shake up the old routine now and again?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
[Image: depressionkit2.jpg]
[Image: d+kit+3.jpg]
[Image: h0932519A]
so, OP, you're saying that life has no meaning cuz we're atheists?
it had meaning when you were a christian?

it's had the opposite effect on me. when i was a christian, i thought that 'this life' was just a passage way to the 'next life.' that's often what is taught in christian circles. it diminishes and cheapens the value of THIS life, with that thinking.

i live life everyday, to the fullest. happy to be here. happy to be of service to others. happy to be alive. if there is an afterlife, so be it, but most likely there isn't...and we should treat this life with care, and try to find some joy in the daily living.

just my pov.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? Sicnoo0 58 4069 February 25, 2024 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 995 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Help me understand you better pokey555 12 1790 August 10, 2021 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: UniverseCaptain
  Are you a better atheist today than you were yesterday? Foxaèr 17 1579 March 24, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4250 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  If the bible/quran/whatever was better, would you've remained theist? A Handmaid 23 3604 September 14, 2016 at 7:08 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  do you worry about if anything bad would happen if christianity died? Rextos 26 5071 February 13, 2016 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  What pissed you off the most when debating against theism? strawberryBacteria 26 6758 September 20, 2015 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  I am better off being a christian than an atheist ZeldaAdmirer 13 4396 November 17, 2014 at 12:30 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Why people who are religious are better and more special Mozart Link 30 5051 August 17, 2014 at 8:05 am
Last Post: ignoramus