Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stop calling atheists 'fundamentalists'
Stop calling atheists 'fundamentalists'
Why do some theists, particularly religious ones, like so much to point out and accuse some atheists of being fundamentalists (similar to religious ones)? Don't they realize atheism has no dogmas, therefore there can't be any fundamentalism? Stop using that word theists, I don't think it means what you think it means! Angry

(specially when talking about Mao Zedong, Stalin and other political leaders who were/are against religion)
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Stop calling atheists 'fundamentalists'
In this context it means: "And you're another. Na! Na!"
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Good luck getting the religious right to do anything logical.

It is telling though, that the worst insult they have in their arsenal is "You guys are just like us." Big Grin
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
To all the religious people, call us stupid for not "getting" god if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy but to call atheists "fundies" just exposes "your" stupidity for all to see.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 22, 2014 at 7:59 pm)GalacticBusDriver Wrote: Good luck getting the religious right to do anything logical.

It is telling though, that the worst insult they have in their arsenal is "You guys are just like us." Big Grin

"It's a religion based on faith too! You're no better than us!"

This is what it's come to. They can't convert us. They can't arrest or kill us, at least not strictly for being atheist, so they resort to trying to pull us down to their level.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

All Atheists are fundamentalists. The fundamental rule of atheism is the lack of No Gods. All atheists have no believe in any gods and that is the only requirement to be an atheist and if you have no believe in any gods you are abiding by the fundamentals. Atheism is a 1 string banjo and everything after than 1 pluck is up to the individuals. Christians have an entire book which mandates how to be a Christian along with organizational(church) creeds. Atheists do not need a book to tell a person what an atheist is.

What Christians want to be is attach things to Atheism like science and reasoning in order to demonize those things because Christians are not fond if science or any form of reasoning as are most religious people.
[Image: tumblr_n8f4c0zuQE1twxzjco1_1280.png]
(July 22, 2014 at 8:45 pm)Rabb Allah Wrote: All Atheists are fundamentalists. The fundamental rule of atheism is the lack of No Gods. All atheists have no believe in any gods and that is the only requirement to be an atheist and if you have no believe in any gods you are abiding by the fundamentals. Atheism is a 1 string banjo and everything after than 1 pluck is up to the individuals. Christians have an entire book which mandates how to be a Christian along with organizational(church) creeds. Atheists do not need a book to tell a person what an atheist is.

What Christians want to be is attach things to Atheism like science and reasoning in order to demonize those things because Christians are not fond if science or any form of reasoning as are most religious people.

Fundamentalism means following the dogmas strictly. Atheists do not abide to any dogmas, therefore there is no fundamentalism. The lack of belief in gods is NOT a dogma since it can be questioned, if someone presented evidence for me to believe in a deity, I would take it into consideration, while theists do the opposite, they continue to believe in spite of lack of evidence.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(July 22, 2014 at 8:55 pm)Blackout Wrote:
(July 22, 2014 at 8:45 pm)Rabb Allah Wrote: All Atheists are fundamentalists. The fundamental rule of atheism is the lack of No Gods. All atheists have no believe in any gods and that is the only requirement to be an atheist and if you have no believe in any gods you are abiding by the fundamentals. Atheism is a 1 string banjo and everything after than 1 pluck is up to the individuals. Christians have an entire book which mandates how to be a Christian along with organizational(church) creeds. Atheists do not need a book to tell a person what an atheist is.

Fundamentalism means following the dogmas strictly. Atheists do not abide to any dogmas, therefore there is no fundamentalism. The lack of belief in gods is NOT a dogma since it can be questioned, if someone presented evidence for me to believe in a deity, I would take it into consideration, while theists do the opposite, they continue to believe in spite of lack of evidence.

My argument is semantical. I am referring to fundamentalism as a purely secular conception not a theological or religious one.
[Image: tumblr_n8f4c0zuQE1twxzjco1_1280.png]
Because they are dumb fucks who don't know what the word means.
So, Literalist and Inerrant Atheists . . . .

hmmmmm, I like the sound of that. And unlike Bible based religions, it is actually POSSIBLE !!

Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 14142 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4544 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2176 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Have you ever actually heard an response that made you stop and think? jmoney_419 32 5264 September 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Banning it doesn't stop it! Dragonetti 43 8263 June 17, 2014 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Dragonetti
  It's time to stop pretending God exists! Mystic 26 7158 May 25, 2014 at 8:26 am
Last Post: archangle
  People that just won't stop pestering HarryStanluv25 7 2342 March 11, 2014 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  At what age did you stop praying to Father Christmas Mudhammam 13 4081 January 15, 2014 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  View: Atheists should stop joking about Satan NoMoreFaith 63 21152 March 11, 2012 at 10:38 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Calling all American Atheists. . . Aegrus 19 7522 January 31, 2012 at 5:36 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda