Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My boss.
My boss.
Something I do not get is this. My boss is a super hard core Christian, She even leaves early to attend church events sometimes. However we still have to work every Sunday and every holiday. This doesn't really bother as I need the hours but what I do not understand is how she could justify this in her own mind given that the bible is very clear that the Sabbath and holy days are to be kept sacred. It is very clear on the punishment for those that violate it as well. So how could a devout Christian be okay with forcing others to sin for secular reasons?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: My boss.
"Devout Christian" doesn't tell you anything about her specific beliefs. Sabbath-keeping is hardly a universal practice. Yes, it's in the bible. There are also later passages which can easily be taken to mean that the old law is no longer in force, or is, depending on what you'd care to believe.
She's a fucking hypocrite.

Case closed.

(Very common among jesus freaks, btw.)
Many (most really) Christians treat the Bible like a buffet choosing just what they want. Thank heavens they do. Parts of the Bible are UGLY. Apparently your boss has not chosen the Sabbath. Tongue
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Does she know your an atheist?if she doesn't give you trouble then she can't be that bad
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

(August 4, 2014 at 9:47 pm)Mothonis_Cathicgal Wrote: Does she know your an atheist?if she doesn't give you trouble then she can't be that bad

She refuses to talk about religion at work. One of the few conclusions she has reached that I agree with. But know she has no idea what I believe and I don't see a reason to tell her
Signifying nothing.
Lemonvariable72's boss might not be all that hard core Christer. I'd wager she doesn't handle serpents.

Might wear make-up too. Wouldn't hurt to look for a tattoo. She if she stays home on Sunday's if she's menstruating.

I'd be willing to bet the boss is a liberal backsliding, lazy slacker, cherry pickin' Scripture ignoring whore.

Tongue

Might be fun (after you line up another job offer) to rub her nose in her apostasy.
(August 4, 2014 at 10:55 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Lemonvariable72's boss might not be all that hard core Christer. I'd wager she doesn't handle serpents.

Might wear make-up too. Wouldn't hurt to look for a tattoo. She if she stays home on Sunday's if she's menstruating.

I'd be willing to bet the boss is a liberal backsliding, lazy slacker, cherry pickin' Scripture ignoring whore.

Tongue

Might be fun (after you line up another job offer) to rub her nose in her apostasy.
Wow you sumed her up on so many levels it isnt even funny. Seriously she is soo incompetent that she has burned through over 30 staff in the last year in a place that doesnt have more then 7 staff at a given time. Truth is we should not even need that many but she is too lazy to do any work and doesn't know how make a schedule to save her life. She's basically 55 but in 16 the head.
Signifying nothing.
Her name isn't Jody is it?!? I had a boss exactly like her once.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(August 4, 2014 at 11:22 pm)GalacticBusDriver Wrote: Her name isn't Jody is it?!? I had a boss exactly like her once.

I fuvking about how managers like that like who the fuck looks at some one like that and says, yeap that management material.
Signifying nothing.