Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Robin Williams Tribute Thread
The Robin Williams Tribute Thread
A place to share thoughts, feelings, media clips etc celebrating the life of the much-loved, much-missed screen legend.

I'll kick off with this hilarious clip of him completely annihilating the Graham Norton Show:

At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: The Robin Williams Tribute Thread
Maybe he just went back to Neverland?!

BeggingBegging

[Image: graphics-rain-426733.gif]
If you've ever played golf or talked with a drunken Scotsman (and be fair - who hasn't?), you'll recognize the brilliance.

Jaysus, the world is a sadder, smaller place without Robin Williams in it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

(August 12, 2014 at 5:27 pm)CindysRain Wrote:

"I'll tell you what a paramecium is! That's the paramecium! It's a one-celled critter with no brain, that can't fly! Don't mess with me man, I'm a lawyer!"

Big Grin

I'm watching this tonight.

It wasn't exactly definitive of my childhood but Death to Smoochy. Oh, yeah. Big Grin

Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

[Image: rip_robin_williams_by_8viii-d7usb7d.png]
5 facts you didn't know about Robin Williams

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11...mg00000024

2. Robin Williams dressed in scrubs and surprised his friend Christopher Reeve in the hospital following his career-ending accident.

Quote:Reeve and Williams became good friends when they both attended The Juilliard School together. Williams claimed at the time that Reeve was "literally feeding me because I don't think I literally had money for food or my student loan hadn't come in yet, and he would share his food with me." In his book, "Still Me," Reeve wrote about Williams visiting him in the hospital:

Quote:Then, at an especially bleak moment, the door flew open and in hurried a squat fellow with a blue scrub hat and a yellow surgical gown and glasses, speaking in a Russian accent. He announced that he was my proctologist, and that he had to examine me immediately...it was Robin Williams...for the first time since the accident, I laughed. My old friend had helped me know that somehow I was going to be okay.

Williams later surprised Sharon Osbourne in a similar way after she was diagnosed with cancer.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I read that just last night; someone put it on my FB wall.

What a guy.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Everything I've ever heard or read about him focused as much on his off-stage persona as on his comedic and dramatic talents. Kind, generous, warm, caring - just a few words to describe him.

And now Robin Williams - a 'great soul' if ever there was one - is dead while that hate-filled sack of venereal pus Pat Robertson continues to draw breath. Don't tell ME the universe isn't pitilessly indifferent.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
A beautiful tribute to Robin. Brought me to tears!

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/10...g0R6esW.01
[Image: graphics-rain-426733.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tribute to hitch Chuff 5 1830 April 18, 2012 at 10:23 am
Last Post: jackman
  Tenacious D - Tribute Edwardo Piet 6 2633 May 4, 2009 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet