Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Perry Indicted
Rick Perry Indicted
The charge seems to boil down to being a big-mouthed dickhead. I thought that was what Texans wanted in a governor. At least, it always seems to work out that way.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2014081...051d0.html
RE: Rick Perry Indicted
Heh, my mother genuinely loves Rick Perry. This tickles me.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Cool. Be nice if he ended up in jail.
Recall the Meese Dictum:

If you are indicted, you are probably guilty.
(August 15, 2014 at 9:02 pm)Isun Wrote: Cool. Be nice if he ended up in jail.

Getting it up the ass every night!
(August 15, 2014 at 9:05 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: If you are indicted, you are probably guilty.
Dodgy despite the subject. Indictment is a political process that has little to do with actual justice as much as it feeds the political mechanism.
Ed Meese was Ronald Reagan's Attorney General

No, really. I am not making that up.

Really.

ROFLOL
Yeah...except that lawyers won't bring a case forward that they don't think they can win. Most are super competitive and hate losing.

In fact, it is one of the prime reasons why the American judicial system is in the shitter. It is designed to reward lawyers not to determine justice.
(August 15, 2014 at 8:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The charge seems to boil down to being a big-mouthed dickhead. I thought that was what Texans wanted in a governor. At least, it always seems to work out that way.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2014081...051d0.html

So, we're doing the right thing, and still get a slam? If we didn't do anything, would that merit praise?

Cheap laughs ain't worth much.

The last governor that did what Rick Perry did, was impeached....or would have, he resigned before he was impeached

"The last Texas governor to face criminal charges was James E. “Pa” Ferguson, who was indicted in 1917 by a Travis County grand jury on embezzlement and eight other charges. His case also involved a veto that angered his critics: Mr. Ferguson vetoed the entire appropriation to the University of Texas because the university had refused to fire certain faculty members. The state Senate voted to impeach him, but he resigned first."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/16/us/gov...ffice.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] If Trump is indicted or charged, will he be convicted? Jehanne 30 2087 August 30, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 629 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Rick Perry to Head the Energy Department: Kiss Government Climate Science Goodbye Crossless2.0 31 5521 December 14, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Do You Feel Sorry For Rick Santorum? AFTT47 32 3389 February 3, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rick Santorum says gays are at fault. Brian37 28 4347 October 25, 2014 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Brakeman
  Wouldn't This Fry Rick Perry's Testicles? Minimalist 0 730 February 12, 2014 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rick Perry does it again.... Raven 21 5570 July 3, 2013 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Wendy Davis:Gov Perry Has Demeaned His Office Raven 19 5202 July 3, 2013 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Rick Perry: King of Irony... Minimalist 11 3025 June 27, 2013 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Rick Warren's Son Commits Suicide DeistPaladin 16 8013 April 16, 2013 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Violet