Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 6:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving Across the Country...
Driving Across the Country...
Hello, fellow AF'ers!

My sister and I are driving across the US starting tomorrow. Our first stop for the night is in Toledo (Holland) Ohio because it's a good day's drive from our starting point in Syracuse, NY. We're playing it by ear for the rest of the trip, but we're taking the 90 to the 80 (can you tell yet that I'm a Californian?) and then we're trying to decide whether to go through Wyoming or Colorado (branch off to the 76 then the 70, or to stay on the 80; I've driven through CO, but never WY. My sister's done neither), to the 15 then back home to San Diego.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any interest in hanging out somewhere along the way! I would love to meet some of you people! We're trying to get home by Wednesday or Thursday, so time is an issue, but, like I said, we're being pretty spontaneous in our sleeping stops.

Let me know on this thread, or by PM if you'd like to get together. It would be so fun to meet up Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
RE: Driving Across the Country...
This is a cool idea. I positively adore and encourage the implied trust.

Wow! Good luck to you on your journey!
Haha Sha! What's the implied trust? I fully intend on meeting in a fully-lit public place. And my personal bodyguard will be present, along with an entourage of rabid dogs...
I live in northern LA, going by my neck of the woods?
(August 16, 2014 at 12:37 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: Haha Sha!
You deserve the best that life has to offer! Your security is secure.
(August 16, 2014 at 12:34 am)ShaMan Wrote: This is a cool idea. I positively adore and encourage the implied trust.

(August 16, 2014 at 12:34 am)ShaMan Wrote: This is a cool idea. I positively adore and encourage the implied trust.

Hey Shaman, Relax! She hasn't blown anyone's head off who didn't deserve it, man! also, the medication's got her trigger finger fully under control.
Just don't make any sudden moves when you catch up with her.
(if you tend to talk with your hands a bit, forget it, you're already dead)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Stay on 90. Stop at Mount Rushmore then swing through Buffalo Gap for a quick prayer at BadDogma's church. Continue on into Montana for stops at Yellowstone and Glacier then on to Washington where you turn left on 101 and follow the coast all the way down to San Diego. If you have the time, and you haven't seen those places yet you won't be sorry.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(August 16, 2014 at 12:28 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: .. we're being pretty spontaneous in our sleeping stops.

Let me know on this thread, or by PM if you'd like to get together. It would be so fun to meet up Smile

That's a hard offer to pass up Wink but keep me in mind the next time you come up the coast.
It looks like you will miss Phoenix by about 800 miles. Just as well....it's hot as hell here right now.
(August 16, 2014 at 12:41 am)Chuck Wrote: I live in northern LA, going by my neck of the woods?

Probably not, but I do get up there sometimes. I'll PM you next time I'm planning it Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Born in the wrong country Alexmahone 3 888 April 20, 2018 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
  Either texting and driving or drunk driving........ Brian37 0 391 October 8, 2017 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Texting and Driving brewer 68 12282 June 27, 2017 at 1:22 am
Last Post: johan
  What's your favorite thing about the country you live in? Edwardo Piet 48 8081 February 9, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Where are your hands when driving? brewer 38 4134 March 14, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Driving Style Assessment brewer 20 2583 February 11, 2016 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why <insert-country-name-here> is a disgrace! Tiberius 29 6057 February 6, 2016 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Is America the greatest country Kingpin 267 39745 December 14, 2015 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  To everyone: do you pay to visit the beach in your country? rado84 53 9661 July 22, 2015 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  driving paulpablo 1 738 December 6, 2014 at 6:30 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat