Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bats
Bats
I’ve been around a little bit in my 50 plus years. I’ve seen most of the states, Western Europe, a little bit of Eastern Europe, Africa and South America. Spent some time in Russia, China, India, Korea and Thailand. But I’ve spent most of my life in the southern US. Born in Florida. Lived in Alabama, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas. The bats that I’m used to are the little browns and grays. Mosquito eaters. I’ve never seen the BIG FUCKING, TWO FOOT WINGSPAN FRUIT BATS they have here on Okinawa until this trip though. One of the big bastards just buzzed me as I was walking through the parking lot and about gave me a heart attack. God damn that was a big ass bat.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
RE: Bats
Personally, I think bats are kinda cute.
Angel
We get those things in Queensland.
You certainly don't want a colony of the fuckers deciding to roost in your town.
The noise and stench is horrendous.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I really do have a phobia about bats and enclosed spaces, and I am not really enthused about seeing one outdoors either.
(August 16, 2014 at 9:35 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I really do have a phobia about bats and enclosed spaces, and I am not really enthused about seeing one outdoors either.
Bats eat mosquitoes Big Grin
A bat failed to eat the one that got me.
(August 16, 2014 at 6:43 am)popeyespappy Wrote: God damn that was a big ass bat.
Like this one? Or bigger?
[Image: Epic-bat_c_136158.jpg]
(August 16, 2014 at 9:22 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: A bat failed to eat the one that got me.

If you live in the eastern part of the US that could be because white nose syndrome is devastating the bat populations in that part of the country

(August 16, 2014 at 9:30 pm)Zidneya Wrote:
(August 16, 2014 at 6:43 am)popeyespappy Wrote: God damn that was a big ass bat.
Like this one? Or bigger?

Hard to tell from the photo. Wiki says the bats around here run about 100 cm wingspans. so I imagine order of magnitude is about the same.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]