Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disproving exorcism
Disproving exorcism
My mom is watching an exorcism video (actually she brought an exorcist home months ago, that was crazy).
So.
RE: Disproving exorcism
No one needs to disprove it.
If no-one can prove god, then the devil goes out with the god concept.
Sorry, no ghosts, demons, ghouls, alien abductions or gremlins exist.

People used to think witches existed and burned innocent people who just happened to not act or think in a way appropriate with the authorities of the day.

Tell your mum to put her clock forward 1000 years.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(August 17, 2014 at 10:27 pm)ignoramus Wrote: People used to think witches existed and burned innocent people who just happened to not act or think in a way appropriate with the authorities of the day.

Witch hunts still exist in the middle east.
I know a religious smart nice guy, I was surprised he didn't believe in magic (he was probably raised by fundies).
His salafi friend started preaching afterwards. Angry
Kind of weird that the middle east is where psychological counseling was first conceived. Looks like they came a long way.
god is supposed to be imaginary
Exorcism may be hard to disprove. If you torture someone enough, they'll do whatever it takes to make the torture stop. Just keep torturing until the person either conforms or dies. Yay for exorcism!
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Exorcism is profoundly retarded. It's absurd that people buy into that junk, and I feel pitty for the victims being treated like demon possessed animals.
(August 17, 2014 at 6:38 pm)DramaQueen Wrote: My mom is watching an exorcism video (actually she brought an exorcist home months ago, that was crazy).
So.

One thing you don't hear much about is how wrong it can go when cultures clash. When Christianity was introduced into certain countries in Africa it mixed with the local traditions of witchcraft and now there is an epidemic on adults punishing children for being witches.

Witchcraft children of Africa

What really pisses me off is Christians who waste time campaigning against fictional books like Harry Potter when in reality there are appalling atrocities being carried out on children accused of being witches, in the name of religion.

These butt-crusts would rather campaign against works of fiction than get off their loathsome pew-splintered asses, stop spewing their purulent bile and make a change that is going to matter in the real world.

People like that are nothing but oxygen thieves.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
Not.

Fucking.

Philosophy.
(August 28, 2014 at 8:09 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Not.

Fucking.

Philosophy.

Nope. Moved to a more appropriate forum.
That's funny Cthu; we must have moved it at the exact same time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exorcism? TrueChristian 24 4280 November 21, 2015 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: GUBU