Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spamming
spamming
How do I make sure I'm not spamming?
RE: spamming
By not making threads like this.

Ok, look. 'Spam' is subjective. Some people might think that post 'x' is spam whilst others might disagree.

But generally speaking, if you start a thread with the honest intention of debating/discussing or trying to garner opinions, then that's fine.

Things that I consider to be spam:

1. Starting multiple threads on the same or similar topics
2. Starting threads about one topic in an obviously wrong sub-forum
3. Posting a thread that has a title but nothing of substance in the OP (EG, what you did here: http://atheistforums.org/thread-28208.html) - Could be an honest mistake, but you've been here long enough and seen the general content of other threads.
4. Posting irrelevant posts in threads: eg. Saying something unrelated to the subject at hand and/or derailing threads with no good justification.

There is probably more. But if in doubt, consult the rules.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(August 21, 2014 at 8:14 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: By not making threads like this.

Ok, look. 'Spam' is subjective. Some people think one this is spam whilst others might disagree.

But generally speaking, if you start a thread with the honest intention of debating/discussing or trying to garner opinions, then that's fine.

Things that I consder to be spam:

Oh sorry and thanks.
(August 21, 2014 at 8:14 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: 4. Posting irrelevant posts in threads: eg. Saying something unrelated to the subject at hand and/or derailing threads with no good justification.

Jesus never talked about threads in the Bible, so I guess this one doesn't matter too much?

By the way, what do you think about the idea that Obama is the antichrist? and have you accepted Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior?Worship (large)

Also, please buy my book. I will donate at least some of the proceeds to an undisclosed charity, probably.

http://www.amazon.com/Dumb-Things-Smart-...1601421508
Angel Cloud Angel Cloud Angel Cloud
Move to ban. Tongue
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]