Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Akismet
Akismet
What's with Akismet???

Every time I try and post some well thought out and sourced response it tells me that it detected spam and deleted the whole bloody thing!!!

Very Frustrating! Angry

Are there key words or phrases to avoid???

A list would be good about now

tnxby
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: Akismet
I've approved your post and disabled Akismet. No idea why it had so many false positives, but it obviously isn't working properly.

It seems my registration filter is keeping out most of the spammers, so we'll see how that goes for now. When I get some spare time I'll look into the Akismet problem more thoroughly.
RE: Akismet
Thank you ....

I can understand the need for Akismet but couldn't understand how I was triggering it! Some tweeking is necessary nes pas?

I have also checked (scanned) for the posibility that I may have picked up a spam bot from another forum I frequent (motorcycle) but since it has not stopped ZB I fail to understand why Akismet is targeting my posts...hence the "phrases and words" list request.

Thanks again for your help Adrian
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5