Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A gezunt der in pupik!
Big Grin 
A gezunt der in pupik!
I'm Taj. I'm an atheist and have been since I was around 14 or so.

I'm an Australian, my mother was an orthodox jew and my father an anglo-indian syro-malankara catholic. His father (my grandfather) was from Kerala in south-western India and eloped with an English woman.

It was something of a scandal, I believe. Big Grin

I have four brothers and three sisters. My mother consented to I and my siblings being raised as fish-eaters but exposed us to jewish customs like seder and hannukah and the like.

Ugh. Gefilte fish. Sad Seriously knishes and latkes are great but some jewish food is simply beyond awful.

As my father was an eastern catholic I (and my brothers and sisters) were considered eastern catholics but because we grew up in Oz we were educated in Latin catholic schools. Like my brothers (I am the youngest of the boys) I was sent to boarding school at the age of 7.

So what does it mean to be a quarter-cast Indian catholic jew? I have an extra set of guilt muscles, I suppose. Undecided

Oh yeah, 'Taj' is my nickname. I got it at school. Complexion wise I take after my mother (red hair, green eyes, freckles) and I'm quite tall so I'm a big white Indian. Geddit? Wink

I work in politics as a policy adviser and campaign strategist. Devil

That's about it I suppose.
Religious traditions are the fault lines along which societies fracture when placed under stress. -- Sam Harris.
RE: A gezunt der in pupik!
Hey, there. Welcome aboard.
Welcome, Taj Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Hey Taj Big Grin
I'm glad you joined it's great to meet you. We celebrated Hanukkah at our house this year. My friend Sarah's mom brought some pretty awful Jewish food that we pretended to enjoy. Lol :p

I hope you enjoy the forum, here are some welcome cookies Smile

(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(August 23, 2014 at 11:25 pm)Losty Wrote: Hey Taj Big Grin
I'm glad you joined it's great to meet you. We celebrated Hanukkah at our house this year. My friend Sarah's mom brought some pretty awful Jewish food that we pretended to enjoy. Lol :p

Bikkies!

Wait, are they kosher? Huh
Religious traditions are the fault lines along which societies fracture when placed under stress. -- Sam Harris.
Another Aussie on board!
Hello from Perth!

I think Tiberius will have to change the name to Australian Atheist forums if this keeps up.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(August 24, 2014 at 1:16 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Another Aussie on board!
Hello from Perth!

I think Tiberius will have to change the name to Australian Atheist forums if this keeps up.

So this place is leaking skips eh? We are godless fuckers, aren't we? Smile
(August 24, 2014 at 1:10 am)The Serpent Wrote:
(August 23, 2014 at 11:25 pm)Losty Wrote: Hey Taj Big Grin

Bikkies!

Wait, are they kosher? Huh

If you want them to be then they are Smile
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(August 24, 2014 at 1:48 am)The Serpent Wrote:
(August 24, 2014 at 1:16 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Another Aussie on board!
Hello from Perth!

So this place is leaking skips eh? We are godless fuckers, aren't we? Smile

Welcome aboard!
Are you north of Wodonga or South?
West of Mildura or East?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(August 24, 2014 at 2:54 am)ignoramus Wrote:
(August 24, 2014 at 1:48 am)The Serpent Wrote: So this place is leaking skips eh? We are godless fuckers, aren't we? Smile

Welcome aboard!
Are you north of Wodonga or South?
West of Mildura or East?

Proudly New South Welsh and well north of Albury-Wodonga.

As for Mildura, well the less said the better.