Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm mysteriously drawn to Atheists.
I'm mysteriously drawn to Atheists.
I'm a Christian, have been since 1987. But for some reason I'm more at home around non-believers. Maybe it's because I grew up in a home where you were ridiculed for believing in God, who knows. Atheists are honest folks. And passionate. Outspoken. Up for debate, stalwart, unrelenting, stubborn. Full of fire. Demanding answers, raising questions. As an outsider to your non-believing kingdom, I just want to say, kudos. That's all.
"Sometimes... it's ok to take dreamy blondes seriously."
http://www.twitvid.com/3827E

RE: I'm mysteriously drawn to Atheists.
(January 19, 2010 at 9:33 pm)2010yma Wrote: I'm a Christian, have been since 1987. But for some reason I'm more at home around non-believers. Maybe it's because I grew up in a home where you were ridiculed for believing in God, who knows. Atheists are honest folks. And passionate. Outspoken. Up for debate, stalwart, unrelenting, stubborn. Full of fire. Demanding answers, raising questions. As an outsider to your non-believing kingdom, I just want to say, kudos. That's all.

Well for starters, welcome to the forum, if you chose to stay.

A parent ridiculing children, for any reason, is unacceptable. Please do not think all atheists are like that. You are on an atheist forum, which means that atheists who care enough to be part of a forum are the ones you will be interacting with. I have many friends, atheists, Christians, a few Jewish, and even a few "Asian" religions which I am not very familiar with. But anyway, in the real world, many of us are not outspoken at all.
Demanding answers and raising questions should not be limited to atheists. People of all faiths should do this or risk blindly believing just for the sake of believing.
Live and love life

[Image: KnightBanner.png]
Liberty and justice for all
(January 19, 2010 at 9:33 pm)2010yma Wrote: I'm a Christian, have been since 1987. But for some reason I'm more at home around non-believers. Maybe it's because I grew up in a home where you were ridiculed for believing in God, who knows. Atheists are honest folks. And passionate. Outspoken. Up for debate, stalwart, unrelenting, stubborn. Full of fire. Demanding answers, raising questions. As an outsider to your non-believing kingdom, I just want to say, kudos. That's all.

Were you an atheist before you became a Christian? Was there any significant event or knowledge that you came by that made you change your beliefs? I'm asking these questions purely out of curiosity; I'm not trying to start a debate whether or not your reasons were good.
2010yma Wrote:I'm a Christian, have been since 1987. But for some reason I'm more at home around non-believers. Maybe it's because I grew up in a home where you were ridiculed for believing in God, who knows. Atheists are honest folks. And passionate. Outspoken. Up for debate, stalwart, unrelenting, stubborn. Full of fire. Demanding answers, raising questions. As an outsider to your non-believing kingdom, I just want to say, kudos. That's all.

Well, i hope you stick around Tongue However could we discuss things with you if you didnt come back? Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
2010yma welcome to the forums it's nice to have you and I hope you like us enough to stick around awhile.

@Knight regarding: "in the real world, many of us are not outspoken at all." speak for yourself my friend I am very outspoken in the real world because I feel that since Christians have the freedom to express their views I too have that same right. I am the only atheist to my knowledge in my entire family. They all know I am an atheist and know better than to try and win me back for Christ.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

I'm not outspoken out it at all, athough I need to be so... Living in the bible belt of America is not fun. Although it is not pushed on me that much, I hear it all around me and it sickens me at times. Bless you, bless this, bless that.... yeah..

Anyway, I use this forum as a vent to my anger/rage/inquiries as well as to just mess around and find out new things. I am 17, and just a template for learning. Wink

I am relatively tolerant, but have never done anything drastic in the reaction to a religion.... ahhh... Time for bed. Am tired. Big Grin
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
Welcome 2010 yma Smile

Nice intro. I feel the same.
My first 3 girl friends were atheists

Will you bear my child?
Hi 2010yma, how devout are you?
Coming soon: Banner image-link to new anti-islam forum.