Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victor Stenger, Physicist and Prolific Atheist Author, is Dead at 79
Victor Stenger, Physicist and Prolific Atheist Author, is Dead at 79
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...witterfeed

Rest in peace.

I remember flipping open one of his books at Barnes and Nobles one time and reading a paragraph about how he coped with the near prospect of entering the "three million year sleep," I believe he called it, and always found that passage comforting as it was coming from a seventy-something year old. If anyone has the quote, I'd be happy if you shared it.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: Victor Stenger, Physicist and Prolific Atheist Author, is Dead at 79
That's too bad. I won't say I enjoyed his book The Fallacy of Fine-Tuning: Why the Universe Is Not Designed for Us, but I did like his arguments.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
A towering figure who always put his money where his mouth was.

Irreplaceable.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
We'll miss him
The jesus freaks will be organizing a square dance to celebrate the idea of him burning in hell.

They are truly miserable fucking people in that regard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Scripture Is False And The Biblical God Is Dead. Authari 301 21337 January 27, 2023 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 7050 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  MY FATWA: Why atheists are corrupted, arrogant, and totally brain dead! Niqabi Ninja 59 25280 April 4, 2012 at 9:22 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Victor Stenger’s new book,God and the Folly of Faith: The Incompatibility of Science little_monkey 3 1815 January 8, 2012 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  Favorite Atheist Author Atheistfreethinker 16 3380 August 29, 2011 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Bandoman